Pages

Followers

Sunday 5 August 2018

So Tired Of This Heat Now!!!

I am dreaming of cold nights, candle light and snuggly blankets. I have had enough of being hot, bothered and bad tempered now and would very much like for things to cool down a little.
I feel really mean as so many people love this heat but I am at my best when temperatures are a lot lower.

Today I am getting a head start on the laundry and in between loading and unloading I will finish the dress for Marlowe. I just need to attach the skirt to the bodice and do the hem and that is another one finished. Two more dresses to make and then I have a quilt top ready to make into a quilt which is going to be a Christmas gift and after that I aim to make some fabric gift bags before I have to start on making Autumn themed things for my DIL's birthday party later in the year.

I cooked another piece of gammon yesterday. We enjoyed it so much when we had it last week that Andy wanted a repeat so all I have to do in the kitchen today is make a bowl of salad. I can't believe how long it is since I made a proper cooked meal.......but I'm not complaining.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. Well, Sheila, I had a mahoosive tidy up this morning after I finally got up at 9 30am! That lasted for about an hour, and now I am perspiring with a face like a burst tomato. Cup of tea and then I must start again as the mess is getting to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cleaned all the window ledges in the house and felt like a rung out rag when I'd done so called it a day on housework.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I'm good for nothing in this heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No! Let this weather last forever - it's brilliant to be pain free (damp, cold conditions are horrible for us osteoarthritics), not to have to wear a coat or boots to leave the house, to pick lettuces from the garden and to live on salads! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just so impressed by anyone who can make dresses! LM x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-