Pages

Followers

Tuesday 28 August 2018

A Little Sad Today!!!

Our Summer holiday with Ruby is over and in just one week she will be back at school.
It has gone so quickly but we have had some brilliant fun....in particular our visit to York yesterday.
The Jorvik Viking centre was really good and Ruby loved it but I am so glad that we pre-booked a time slot else we would probably have spent the whole of our five hours there in a queue. I could have quite done without the sight and sound (and smell) of the man using the toilet but Ruby thought it was hilarious.
It was a fabulous few hours and we would really like to go back although I don't fancy going there by car. Traffic was very heavy and I think it could get quite scary if you don't know where you are going once you get into the city centre.

Today I have to catch up on all the jobs I haven't got done over the last few days. I have the house to myself for the first time in a month so I should get quite a bit done.
I also need to catch up on blog reading which I will try and do this afternoon when I stop for a cuppa break.

Hope you have all had a lovely Bank holiday.
Sheila-x-


15 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time Sheila. York is lovely isn't it? We really enjoyed our visit at the end of last year. Right now I'm busy procrastinating the organisation of our return to school. Cup of tea first I think. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd forgotten just how lovely York is Jules. We are definitely going back before Christmas.
      A cup of tea before any job is an absolute must....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had a good time with Ruby. Time flies by so quickly. Just seems like yesterday they were breaking up for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was lovely Sharon. Any time spent with Ruby always is.
      She will probably be ready to go back to school for a rest as she has packed lots into the last few weeks.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. York is a lovely city isn't it and we enjoyed the Jorvik Viking centre when we visited. We booked a time slot as well although I don't recall the queue being too long to get in but it was a different story at Betty's tea rooms - they were queuing down the road.

    I've hardly visited any blogs this summer but hoping to get back on track in a couple of weeks when Thomas is back at school and we've got Amy settled into Uni.

    I hope all is well with you and family. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved Yorvik very, very much Suzanne. I would have liked to take Ruby for afternoon tea at Betty's but my word the queues were horrendous.
      I'm so sad it's nearly back to school time for Ruby but she is looking forward to going back.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Never been to York, glad you had a good time with Ruby. This year has galloped by hasn't it, can't believe it's September in a few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely place Sooze. We didn't get to do everything we wanted but we can always go back.
      Where has this year gone?
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Yep...Summer appears to have flown the nest for another year...next stop Autumn...or maybe it'll be straight to Winter! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn or Winter will do for me Jackie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. We use the 'park and ride' when we go to York. Saves all the stress of driving through York

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what Roz and I have said we'll do. We are going to have to bite the bullet and drive up because you just don't get long enough on a coach trip.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. I was going to recommend the Park and Ride too, well worth the money.

      Delete
  7. We went to Yorvik not long after it opened many years ago now. I'd love to go again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's changed a bit Sue but it's well worth the visit.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-