Pages

Followers

Monday 11 June 2018

Problems And A Fashion Shoot!!!

I am so sorry for not blogging for a few days but we have some family problems at the moment and we are spending quite a bit of time supporting my Brother in Law who is devastated by what has arisen. There is nothing we can do to help in a practical way but we can be there for him to talk things through and so that is what we are doing.

Meanwhile....in between that and jobs I am still finding a little time to sew and am still on the doll's clothes and here is what I have done so far.......


Both tops here have been adapted from patterns. the trousers and skirt I made from scratch. The circle skirt needs a net petticoat which I shall make if I have enough net in my stash.


The dress was made from a pattern and it actually fit so no adapting and the wrap over skirt was made from scratch.


The green skirt was designed by me using inspiration from my favourite skirt and the circle skirt was again made from scratch....really easy to do.

I need to get cracking on more tops as we now have lots of skirts and trousers.

It looks like the sun of this morning is giving way to dark clouds and rain. Hopefully it will cool things down a bit as the heat here the past couple of days has been horrible.
Even if it does cool down though we will still be having salad for tea. We have hardly eaten anything else for a few weeks....and we even had it for Sunday lunch 😃

Thank you all so much for comments on the last post.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. Sorry for your family problems, Sheila. The outfits are lovely, your granddaughter will be so pleased.

    Thank you so much for your hug on my blog - even virtual ones lift the spirits. Have one back xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always something isn't there Sooze.
      Thanks for my hug.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. They are some of the best dressed dolls I've ever seen. Gorgeous little outfits.
    I'm sorry to read there are family problems. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw...thanks Jules...I have loved making them.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Hope the family problems get fixed soon. The dolls look wonderful! Great fashion show lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fix is going to take a long time Sharon unfortunately.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Sorry you are having some family problems, Sheila, and it’s good that you are able to offer support. The dolls’ clothes are amazing-do these dolls and their extensive wardobe live with you?. Hope Ruby likes them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish there was more we could do Catriona.
      Yes the dolls live at my house...well four of them do...Ruby has the other two at home.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Now that was one gorgeous fashion show, those outfits are amazing. Sorry to hear there are family problems. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am having a ball making them.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. It’s absolutely pouring down right now, good for the garden though. Lots of cute outfits, Ruby must be thrilled xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous dolls clothes ☺ I can just imagine Ruby's excitement when she sees them. Sorry to hear of family problems.I'm sure your support is much appreciated xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris. Ruby won't be here until Friday this week so I may have time to make even more.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear of the family crisis, Sheila. I hope things work out for the best.
    Your dolls' outfits are fantastic, you are clever! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh well done those dolls clothes look fantastic xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-