Pages

Followers

Monday 4 June 2018

I Want Me Winter Back!!!

I am so over this hot weather now.
Most of my weekend has been spent nursing headaches and horrible itchy rashes which just about drove me insane.
This morning started off lovely and cool but as the day has gone on the thermometer has crept up and up.....although not quite as high as it's highest yesterday which was 28C in the sewing room.

Andy is off today and won't go back to work until tomorrow at 9pm so we have done a few jobs which needed doing. He has cleaned the outside of the windows that look down the road out of the sewing room for me as I can't get to them. Climbing over a wall and dropping down into a narrow gap is just beyond me I'm afraid.
While he was doing that I have been doing laundry and taking apart all of the fans we have in the house and cleaning them....another job that life is just to short for....lol.

Andy has decided that I deserve a night off from cooking tonight and is taking us out for a meal.....I didn't tell him that I had no intentions of turning the cooker on today and tea was going to be cold meat and salad so there will be no cooking tomorrow either as I will just shuffle that over.

Well I think I shall go and have a nice soak in the bath for half an hour. I feel really grubby after cleaning those fans out.

Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

7 comments:

  1. It's finally cooled down a little here for which I am very grateful. It was too hot upstairs in my craft room to get much of anything done. I'm enjoying having the windows open and a cool breeze coming in. Hope it cools down and enjoy your night off cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both zapped by the heat, Sheila.it’s the humidity that makes me feel unwell and until about an hour ago it was overcast here. Did some sewing and sorting and my hair’s standing on end with the perspiration now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling a bit more comfortable for a soak in the bath Sheila. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here Sheila, I've been like a limp rag for days. Hot sunshine or humidity and me just don't get on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, it's never too hot for me ! It's been miserable here today, the washing I pegged out a 7am is still damp - I want summer back! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has drizzled down here for the past few days... I am sick to death of it. Tony took me out for tea tonight. It was nice to have a night of cooking. Off to Whitby on the train on Wednesday with my friend and here American visitor

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s so dull and chilly here in East Yorkshire, I’m missing being able to sit in the garden... though don’t want it too hot xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-