Pages

Followers

Friday 1 June 2018

In The Zone!!!

I am having just the best time at the moment.
Jobs done in the morning and sewing for the rest of the day until it's time to get tea.
I'm still on the doll clothes and have progressed to making my own simple patterns as I am getting a little frustrated trying to adapt the patterns I have to fit these dolls. Most of the patterns for 18" dolls are designed to fit the American Girl doll. She is a big girl whereas the DesignAFriend doll is much slimmer. Some of the outfits can be made to fit by doing a bigger seam allowance but the more structured stuff is quite difficult.
Quite a few skirts have been done so my next job is to design a pattern or two for tops....they will be jersey tops.....this could turn into a hot mess....lol.
Once I have got some complete outfits finished I will do a photo shoot and show you what I have been up to.

Not liking the heat today. My head is aching and I feel itchy and gross. The fan is on but it's just moving warm air round so I might as well save the electricity and turn it off. I will be having a nice cool bath tonight.

Right....I am off to do a bit of sketching for some ideas before DD gets home and wants feeding.

Hope you are enjoying the heat.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. It’s a nice day, but perhaps not as warm as you have it. Really looking forward to the photo shoot, love little dolls clothes xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too hot for me today.I get grumpy if it's too hot :) Look forward to seeing the dolls clothes x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall think of you today as I muddle through our VAT! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck making the clothes. My mum used to make mine for my dolls and I LOVED them! My MIL always made things for daughter's dolls - a whole wardrobe of clothes. It was really nice as some of the clothes are really expensive. Have a great weekend. Hope you get lots of sewing done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheila-I can comment again as Google ate my account again last week! Good for you making your own patterns-my late and much missed MIL used to make all Leanne’s clothes and dolly ones too. I’m away to sew some little end of term gifts for my voluntary group-I’m bonkers I know!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't enjoy the heat either, Sheila, although it's much cooler and fresher today, thank goodness. Enjoy your crafting time xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-