Pages

Followers

Tuesday 5 June 2018

I Won!!!

I'm very late blogging today as all day I have been fighting a battle. Nothing huge....just tackling sewing with jersey at last.
Battle 1....how to stop it curling....spray starch the hell out of it. It also makes it so much easier to cut.
Battle 2....remember to change to a ball point needle. I didn't and the result was a bit of a hot mess to start with.
Battle 3....the bottom hem on a pair of dolls leggings is teeny tiny. I switched my regular foot to the smallest foot I could find in my collection.....I think it was a cording foot but it did the trick. Next time I'll sew the hems before I sew the leg seams.
Result....one pair of perfectly acceptable leggings....but the next pair will be better.
Tomorrow I will remember lessons learned today and have a go at a t shirt.
I'll be able to start taking photos soon as I am just about to order some proper stands for the dolls. Ruby will love being able to have them standing up.

Over the last couple of days or so the garden has exploded in a riot of colour. The roses and the peony have so many flowers on them. I'd love to cut some for the house but there seem to be rather a lot of ants around the peony and I am not letting those little blighters into the house.

We seem to be eating salad like it's going out of fashion at the minute so I am thinking I might get DD to sew me some cut and come again lettuce in a container on the yard.
Tomatoes don't do well for us so we are not even going to try this year....although once we get a greenhouse we might try again.

Time now to go and settle down for a while to watch Vikings which DD and I are on our third watching of now that we have finished The Sopranos.

Hope you have all had a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Oh my word, sewing dolls clothes must need so much patience (and good eyesight!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily they are 18 inch doll clothes so not too horrendous. I wouldn't like to tackle Barbie sized ones though.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I struggle with jersey material too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the best is it Trish but I'm getting there.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to the pictures! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stands should be arriving soon.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I would love to master jersey material but at the moment I am making cushions and storage bags for the van. And expiring in the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not the easiest Catriona but I will persevere.
      I would love a caravan to make storage bags for but Andy won't let me have one :(
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-