Pages

Followers

Friday 11 May 2018

Out Of Kilter!!!

Had a bit of an off day yesterday hence no post.
I didn't feel ill as such just a bit out of kilter and couldn't think of much to say so I just sat and did more cutting out and pinning ready for sewing.
Feel heaps better today and would love to be sewing but I have house stuff that needs doing but hopefully will get to the machine after tea.

Yet more salad for tea  with some ham and something I haven't done for years.....a potato and onion bake....thinly sliced potatoes and onions with veg stock cooked covered with foil until the potatoes are tender and then uncovered and baked until crispy on the top. It will make a nice change from the boiled new potatoes Andy likes.

Another weekend with no particular plans apart from shampooing carpets....how exciting...lol. They desperately need doing after the long muddy winter and I like to do that job when there is someone else here to entertain the dog and keep him from under my feet.

Looks like the next job on my list is peeling and slicing so I will go and get that done and start the cooking.

Hope you all have a happy weekend.
Sheila-x-

18 comments:

  1. Potato and onion bake sounds delicious! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy dish! Carry on with you sewing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd forgotten just how nice it is.
      Sewing today hopefully.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I love potato and onion bake! Happy shampooing lol....bet you'd rather be crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't I just rather be crafting Sooze...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Potato and onion bake sounds really tasty. So glad you're feeling better today Sheila. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very tasty Jules and went really well with the ham and salad.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. That bake sounds scrumptious. I've never made any but that needs to change ;) enjoy! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it....not too much stock....about half a pint is enough to steam the potatoes and for them to absorb it. Absolutely yummy.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I like the sound of your bake. We've lived on salad for a week now - I love it!
    Glad you're feeling back to your usual chirpy self, Sheila. Have a lovely weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could live on salad....Andy not so much though.
      The potato bake goes really well with salad.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. The potato and onion bake sounds delicious. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really nice MM. After I took the foil off I brushed the top with melted butter and the it came out lovely and crispy.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. I think sometimes we all have days like those! Glad today was better. I am hoping we can go for a walk this weekend. I'm still feeling dizzy but less than I was and I'd love to get out for a nice gentle walk - hopefully the sun will be shining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must have been a really nasty bug Sharon.
      Take it easy when you go out but enjoy the fresh air.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. I love the sound of that potato and onion bake, It sounds really tasty. Tony and I don't have anything planned for the weekend. We will just see how it rolls out. Have a lovely one whatever you do.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just something a bit different Cherie and went down very well.
      Hope you have a lovely weekend too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-