Pages

Followers

Sunday 6 May 2018

Alive!!!

Well the sunshine has certainly bought my little corner of the world to life.
Yesterday there was a real buzz as people came out to work in their gardens, wash their cars and generally potter about.
I haven't seen so many people out and about for months.
Andy mowed our lawns and DD tidied up the borders and filled in a few gaps with new plants and today the garden furniture has come out of winter storage ready for our barbecue later on which we are having instead of a roast Sunday lunch. I had planned on doing that tomorrow when DD isn't at work but....and you could have knocked me down with a feather....Andy has said that as it will be hot again we will have salad with cold meats. I'm up for that.

Although I wasn't outside yesterday I did get some jobs ticked off the list including altering that second pair of curtains for upstairs. I promised DD they would be done before she went back to work and I just scraped through....lol.
I also got some patterns cut out ready for more dress making and all the laundry is done.
Today I have put some chicken to marinate in fajita spices and made a potato salad and a Greek salad...minus the olives which we don't like and all I have to do now is bake a baguette and we'll be ready for when DD gets home from work.

I hope you are all having a fantastic Bank Holiday weekend.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. It's nice weather here too! When we left it was really cold so I still have all my winter clothes in the wardrobe. I've been wearing old bits until I feel up to sorting out. Hubby finally cut the grass yesterday! Can't believe I missed the green coming out :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to know that you have some good weather at last Sharon.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Salad for us too, Sheila, at DH’s request. I’m nearly finished the loads of washing and the bedclothese went straight back on. Love it when the weather is good enough for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm washing some bedding today Catriona and that will be going straight back on too. So looking forward to that fresh smell tonight when I get in bed.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. We live on the route to Whitby and the roads are choked with people heading that way as soon as the sun blinks. We did a garden centre shop and spent a small fortune.
    I love the smell of line dried bedding. Nothing beats that gorgeous freshness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love going out on a Bank Holiday....but not any more.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Sadly the beautiful weather didn't reach our little Island. Salad sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh MM....I'm so sorry you didn't get the nice weather. I do hope you get some soon.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I was just saying to my friend last night, how wonderful it would be if every weekend lasted three days and the weather was sunny. We've been living life outside. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been glorious. I've enjoyed the warmth but I just can't sit out in it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-