Pages

Followers

Tuesday 29 May 2018

Blooming!!!

I took a little walk down the garden this morning to check on my Peony. No full blown flowers yet but just look at the new rose we put in last year......

The buds start off flushed with a lovely dark pink but as the roses open they are a beautiful creamy pink with a sugary pink blush....just gorgeous.

The climbing rose on what is left of the old apricot tree didn't flower last year as we cut it back really hard. Judging by the number of buds it is going to put on one heck of a show this year and already smells wonderful.

The little birdhouse is the home of Mr and Mrs Blue Tit and their babies. I couldn't hear them cheeping this morning so I hope everything is OK in there.

Jobs done, papers read and coffee partaken of so I am back at the sewing machine and making a black and white gingham circle skirt for Ruby's doll. I'm using up offcuts to make as many clothes as I can and clear some space as I am getting a bit twitchy for new fabric....lol.

Hope you are all enjoying this sunny day.
Sheila-x-

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you have a beautiful day today, it’s very overcast up here and dull. I love your description of your roses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day but a tad too warm for me Cheryl.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Beautiful garden! I think our birds little house was attacked. The nesting material was all on the roof and ground this morning :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon.
      Poor little birds having their house attacked :(
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Goodness Sheila...you are certainly on a roll with the sewing! I wish photos could give us smell too...sometimes! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-