Pages

Followers

Thursday 3 May 2018

Another Morning Out.....And This Weeks Fabric Stash!!!

Yet another trip out this morning to Derby although just on the outskirts and not into the city centre as I needed to go to Hobbycraft. I did still manage to buy fabric but it wasn't planned...lol.

So here is all the fabric I have bought since last Saturday.......

The blender fabrics from Derby Market. There are two lots of the red one as when she unrolled the bolt there was a piece already cut...nearly a metre for £2 and then I bought another two metres @ £3.99 pm. Just one metre each of the yellow and orange as I know I won't use lots of those.

One metre of the red hollyhock by Fabric Freedom for £3.99 and then three remnants @ £2 each and they are all a metre or over.

All £3.99 a metre. 3 of the turquoise daisy for another dress for Ruby. 1 of the blue floral to add to quilting stash and I just couldn't resist the chicken fabric which I will probably use for a dress for Marlowe.

A bit of an impulse buy from Hobbycraft this morning but I have been looking for something a bit funky to use with this pattern. A bit pricier than my market finds though at £8 a metre.

They finally had the red in this distressed blender so I had to get some while they have it.


Well now I really do have to knuckle down and get some more sewing done to make room for these to go into my storage boxes because I can't squeeze another metre in them at the moment.
Ruby's second dress is almost finished....just the hem to do and then while I have the pattern out I might cut another one in the daisy print which means I won't have to store three metres of it.....there is method in my madness....lol.

Quick visits to S********'s and M&S and now we are home. More salad for tea today and another session of Sopranos.
Tomorrow will be our last day out for this week and we'll be off to Trentham as DD needs to buy a birthday gift for a friend and you can always find something unusual in the shopping village there.

Thank you all so much for comments on my last couple of posts. Next week I shall have more time to answer you all individually and I badly need to catch up on the blogs I read too.

Hope you're all enjoying sunshine today.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. Sheila, I have stash envy... and that is a dangerous thing. We have a lovely haberdashery fairly close to where I live.. I think a little look wouldn't do any harm. I won't buy anything...... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will you be able to resist Cherie...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I have a little envy too gorgeous fabrics and such great prices. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MM. Hope you have a great weekend too. We are supposed to be having a hot one.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Super choices and I may just be a wee bitty envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....and I could have bought so much more if I wasn't limited by storage space...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Second photo down second from right...bliss! You must shortly be opening a shop Sheila??!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gorgeous isn't it Jackie?
      Ooooh can you just imagine opening a fabric shop....I'd love it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-