Pages

Followers

Monday 14 May 2018

Organised Chaos!!!


This is the state of my sewing table today. Chaotic...yes but I know what and where everything is.
I have six garments cut out ready for sewing.....which I shall be starting shortly but while I have been waiting for the dog to move from under my feet I have been cutting out a dolls clothes pattern to use some of the offcuts from Marlowe's clothes. Ruby will love her dolls having similar outfits to her little sister.
I should have got some sewing done yesterday but oh my goodness....the carpet shampooing really did me in and I ached from head to toe. I think I should have done upstairs one day and downstairs on another instead of doing it all in one day.......and I needed to whip the beast out again today as Smudge peed in the kitchen....again!!! That dog is driving me nuts. It's a good job I love him so much.

Laundry is almost done and I have a very simple tea to prepare. Andy treated DD and I to a ready cooked chicken this morning so that and a bowl of salad will hit the spot today.

There will have to be a bit of top up shopping done tonight so we'll nip out after tea. Normally I would try and do it on the day we have to take Ruby home to save making two trips but I don't think it can wait until later in the week.

Before I start anything I am just going to have five minutes now that Andy has gone to work and then the machines will be coming out.

Hope you're all having a lovely day of sunshine.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. I think your sewing table looks very organised actually! Poor Smudge....and poor you having to clean up the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - your table looks very organised. I would hate to show my crafting table right now. I really need to get up there and sort things out. Hope your sewing day goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes finally a little sun although still a little chilly. Poor smudge, getting old is not for the faint hearted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone your table looks very organised to me, I get in a right muddle when I am doing anything. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you think your table is chaotic you should see my dining table! Still doing my dratted photographs and there are old and new files, plus photographs and all the paraphenalia to go with them, ie photo corners, see-through sleeves, patterned paper, etc etc. I'm up to 1985 now, so only 33 years to go, lol. I'll get there.

    I think Ruby will be very happy that her doll/dolls dresses are in the same material as Marlow's dresses. Very thoughtful, Sheila.

    Joan (Devon)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very tidy by my standards, Sheila. Today I halved a large sleeping bag into two singles and then overlocked the raw edges. I know people sneer at that wee Lidl overlocker but once who helped my to thread it, I’ve used it constantly. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheila,I think that I am new here to comment,although I do read your blogs!You do look very organised!I wish that I could say that myself!Reading about Smudge,2 of my 5 cats have thought it a good idea to start pooing out side their litter box,on the floor,in my downstairs toilet!The litter box,is cleaned a few times a day,but you never know when this is going to happen!Family understand..but it is a bit awkward when you have visitors,like ive had today!...who came out the toilet and said ..There is a turd on the floor..I just blame it on my Hubby,lol,xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with the others! No chaos at all! Can't wait to see the finished articles x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been sewing and my table (and floor) looks a lot worse than yours! At least you know what you're doing and I'm impressed you have a few t hings on the go at once, I tend to lose track of where I'm up to just sewing one thing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I can't see chaos, just the workings of an industrious mind! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Batch sewing saves so much time, when I start making quilt blocks I have trays on every flat surface with the makings of 1 block on each and then work through them. It looks messy but is really only busy, just like your table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your table is so neat considering all the work you have been doing. I look forward to seeing all your finishes. I need to make some dolls clothes but can't seem to find a pattern to fit the dolls.I'm sure I will eventually. Poor Smudge,it's true getting older is challenging wether you are human or animal. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-