Pages

Followers

Monday 21 May 2018

A New Week!!!

......and am I glad to see the back of last week.
After a week of feeling like I had a heavy black cloud hanging over me I thought a nice relaxing Sunday would see me right....and what do I get.....a flaming migraine. It started while I was cooking lunch and finally went at about 9pm.
Anyhoo....I am feeling much better today and ready to get on with my week and back to my sewing.

Sometime this week the kitchen needs a good clean but it won't be today as there is laundry and evening meal prep to do......a crunchy tuna salad with lemon mayonnaise as it is already hot here this morning....23c in the sewing room with the curtains closed....phew. We can't even have the back door open as we have our perennial problem of the plague of tiny flies that gather just outside the door. They appear every May and June and drive me bonkers.

Right...I shall go and get on with sorting this laundry and then get chopping for the salad.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

Edited to add that I have had to add comment moderation due to a surge in spam comments which I do my best to keep removing but it is just getting ridiculous now.

12 comments:

  1. So glad you're feeling better now Sheila. Crunchy tuna salad sounds delish. It's Shakshuka for us so I've just been picking fresh mint from the garden. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules.
      The salad is so tasty and very summery....just the job for a hot day.
      Not tried the Shakshuka yet but it is on my list of things to try.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Ug sorry about the spam comments! I get some of them once in a while.

    Glad you're feeling better today! Hope this week is better than the last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can go a week or so without getting any then like yesterday I think there were about fifteen altogether. Why don't they get a life?
      The week is definitely looking better so far but I could do with a little break from the heat.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Glad you're feeling better. Its been strange weather here (in the US) hardly any Spring and right on to Summer. I think the plants and insects are confused.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Theresa.
      Yes it seems the same here. One minute my garden is full of dead looking stuff and now I have roses and peonies coming into flower....It's quite mad.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Oh I know how frustrating the flies are as they are whirling round outside my back door too �� I blame the decaying humongous trees in the garden that backs on to ours.They block out a lot of light too. Happy to hear you are feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewww....they are horrible aren't they Chris?
      Ours seem to hover just above the paving slabs as if they are looking for water and then when you open the door they all fly into the house...yuck.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Good to hear it wasn't a long lasting migraine...if you think your kitchen needs attention you should have seen mine on Friday! Patio doors arrived 15mm too tall...much drilling and grinding of large hole in wall!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't envy you the dust and disturbance but I bet it's going to be gorgeous once you are done.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. I am anticipating the midge onset any day now as soon as the weather picks up out come the midges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those citronella candles that you stick in the ground really help to get rid of the flies -or josticks if you can find a smell you like! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-