Pages

Followers

Sunday 30 November 2008

More White And Pink!!!


I've been making quite a few of these envelope cards for giving gift vouchers or cash in for Christmas. They are so quick and easy to make.....depending on what you use for embellishing of course.
I made this one to go with the poinsettia card I posted and just added a little very pale green pearlised paint.
Although this is a different poinsettia image it is still by Stampendous but comes in a set of clear stamps.



For this project I started off with a strip of card 11.5 x 4.75 inches and scored at 2 inches and 6.75 inches. I then folded it and went over the score lines with a bone folder to sharpen the creases.
The envelopes are C6 and they have been sealed before being cut down to create a 4.50 inch square. They are joined together with a strip of tape down the centre and then attached to the inside of the card with a strip of tape down the centre of each side.
The piece on the front is a matter of personal choice and as well depends on your chosen embellishment but whatever size you do it, it is attached with foam pads only on the bottom edge.
Dawn over at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts did a video tutorial on this. I have just changed the measurements slightly to fit UK envelope sizes.


I've had a lovely day again today. We went out to a canalside pub for Sunday lunch and ate by the side of a roaring fire. Oooooh it was so nice.
After getting back I completed a batch of cards I started yesterday and I am just about to go and tidy up before deciding whether I carry on working or be a lazy madam and watch some tv tonight.........decisions,decisions..........lol!!!

Bye for now........and thanks for your visit.
Sheila-x-

3 comments:

  1. The envelope card looks intriguing - it's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Sheila, the stamp really shows off the card.

    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. well thanks for these cool gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-