Pages

Followers

Sunday 23 November 2008

Christmas Collage Stamp!!!

Oh it has been such a lovely day today. Although I was a bit miffed to find our snowfall didn't quite live up to expectations. I was reading Ikea Goddess's blog last night and they had six inches of snow......if you had swept up all of our snow and added the next three villages I reckon we may have managed an eigth of an inch between us.......lol!!! However it has been windy and wet with a touch of sunshine and rainbows which viewed from the cosiness of my workroom is a lovely day.

I am slowly working my way through a mountain of Christmas stamps and trying to decide which to keep and which to rehome so today I have used this Hero Arts collage stamp to make a card before it goes in the rehoming box.

I started off with a piece of white gloss card to which I applied StazOn in Teal Blue and Blazing Red.....straight from the pad. I then went over it with an alcohol ink tool loaded with blending solution to smooth out the colour.
The image was then stamped in Ancient Page Coal Black ink and left to dry while I stamped another image onto plain white card and stamped the Basic Grey Flourish Borders onto the card blank.
I removed the middle of the coloured image and attached it to the white one then punched a hole and added an eyelet.
Highlighted around the holly leaves with a white gel pen and added silver brads over the holly berries.
I added a line from top to bottom to join up the borders using fineliner pens and once that was done I added Diamond Stickles for a bit of bling.
The tag was then attached to the card with white glittered thread.

There are no classes now until Thursday as we have to spend tomorrow getting the shop ready for the open evening. Deb made a start on Saturday and then phoned me in a panic and said it looked like a bomb site. I am sure everything will be 'alright on the night' though.

Back of to my nest to do a bit more stamp sorting.

Thanks for dropping by
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. Like what you have done to make this card Sheila, colours are great.Looking forward to 'Open Evening'

    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card Sheila, and I have never seen that Hero Arts stamp before! Gorgeous! Is that a stamp you used at the top of your card as well? I have to tell you, we had a storm blow thru on Friday night, by Saturday morning we had over 30 cm. of snow! It was crazy...that's about 13 or 14 inches!! Welcome winter! I love it actually! Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please check out my blog Sheila,ive put something on there for you
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag card, that border stamp is just lush!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-