Pages

Followers

Sunday 9 November 2008

Sorry I Didn't Send Postcards!!!

Well I enjoyed my little holiday and now I am back.
I spent most of the week catching up on orders and making childrens cards for the local shop.........or doing the samples etc to get the layouts right anyway.
By last night I was ready to do something I could get my teeth into and I had this beautiful image that I have been wanting to do something with for quite a while.
It's an image from the fabulous Graphics Fairy site which is run by Karen. She posts a new image every single day and there are some awesome ones on there.

I printed this image onto some good quality printer paper and then colourwashed her skintone using a Marvy Le Plume pen which I scribbled onto my work mat and picked up with a water brush.
I then added a wash of turquoise glitter gel pen to the laurel wreath and clear glitter gel pen to the white parts of her costume.
Once dry I layered the image onto some Basic grey paper and then some Bazzill which I scruffed up with my scissor blade.
The background was stamped with a flourish stamp from a new set of Inkadinkado stamps and decorated with large punched snowflakes and a bit of silver Stickles on the flourishes.
If you click on the image you should get a bigger version.

I'm scuttling back up to my workroom now as it is freezing in the room where the computer is......my ex workroom which is very draughty.

Thanks for dropping by.
Sheila-x-

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. The snowflakes are so subtle and the glitter accents are in just the right places! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-