Pages

Followers

Wednesday 8 May 2019

Where Is Spring?!!!

What an absolutely foul day it is today.....cold, grey and wet. It hasn't stopped raining all day. Poor DD will likely be frozen to the bone and soaking wet when she comes in so soup is on the menu tonight.

I have just spent an hour setting up a printer on my laptop. I had to buy a new one as the old Epson I had upstairs won't work any more. I got an absolute beauty....Canon Pixma MX475 which was thirty quid but I had an Argos gift card for £5 so that bought it down to twenty five. It prints, scans, copies and even has a fax....although I won't use that I don't suppose.
I've printed a couple of things and so far so good. I am dead chuffed.
It's mainly been bought for scanning cross stitch patterns from books and magazines so that I can have a copy to mark off as I stitch but it's also going to be useful for printing tickets when we book anything online instead of DD having to send stuff in e mails to herself at work and printing them off there.

Just had a phone call to say that Ruby won't be here this afternoon as she is feeling a bit off it and just wants to go home and get into her pj's and have an early night. Marlowe is the same so I hope they 're not coming down with anything horrible.....me poor little scrumplets. I hope they feel better soon.

There is just a bit of tidying to do before I can get on with some stitching. I have nearly finished my second piece but I am not going to show them until they have been fully finished as you would be horrified at the state of the fabric I am stitching on.....all crumpled and deliberately grungy from tea/coffee dying. I didn't iron it before I started on it because I stitch in hand....no frame or hoop....and it gets wrinkled anyway.

What hobbies are you indulging in to keep you inside where it's warm and cosy?
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. I am making a new cushion cover from odds and ends of fabric while drinking a cup of cold coffee that I made myself 2 hours ago and then got so caught up in stitching that I forgot about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha Tracey....coffee or tea....mine is always cold too once I get caught up in something.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I am sewing, in between sneezing, I have picked up a horrible bug. Fingers crossed that your scrumpets don't have one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pam how awful for you. I hope you get better soon. I think I had my share of bugs and germs last week and I hope they don't come back.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Hello Sheila, I'm knitting a pair of bedsocks for the winter, just to use up some yarn that I have. At the same time (not literally) I am knitting a 'log cabin' blanket, also from wool/yarn that I want to get rid of.

    A lot of people have colds at the moment and I'm at the end of one that my youngest grand-daughter kindly passed on to me.

    Does DD get many colds as she is out in the elements all the time, or has she become acclimatized?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh....cosy toes for Winter....and I bet it's lovely knitting a blanket with it all draped over your knees in this cold weather.
      Surprisingly no...DD doesn't suffer with many colds although she does get hay fever occasionally. I seem to have had it for her this year though.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I am crocheting a shawl and waiting for some fabric to arrive to start on some Winter Coats for the Grandchildren. Hope your little ones are OK there are some terrible virus's going around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see the coats you make.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. The hobby I indulge in - blogging! And I just nominated you for a Sunshine Blogger award (it's just a bit of fun). You can find the details on my blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-