Pages

Followers

Tuesday 14 May 2019

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

Due to the glorious weather we have had for the last couple of days I seem to have been bitten by the spring cleaning bug.
Lots of scrubbing and spider chasing going on and tomorrow window and frame cleaning.....albeit very gently as my back is starting to complain a little bit. 
After the windows are done I shall take some time off for a couple of days and then start upstairs at the weekend when Andy has finished his night shift.
I'm not going to complain about the sunshine as even I....a dyed in the wool Winter lover....am glad to see it. It's lovely to not be sloshing about in mud and puddles....although I have to say....I am not warm enough yet to give up on the fluffy socks and the hot water bottle.....lol.

I had a little money saved so I have been gathering supplies for my planned Summer of Stitching. I aim to spend two hours on nice sunny afternoons plonked on a bench in the garden stitching for Christmas and maybe a bit of Halloween too as I have found some gorgeous little patterns to do for the girls.
Three parcels have been delivered this morning and another one is due tomorrow and that will be the end of my spending for a while.....unless I win the lottery and I can treat myself to the most amazing cabinet I saw on a website this morning filled with every colour of DMC thread available. Ooooh I was drooling I can tell you.

Andy has just got up so that means it's nearly tea time. There has been a chicken curry simmering on the stove and I just need to do a pan of rice to go with it.

I hope you are all enjoying some sun today.
Sheila-x-

7 comments:

  1. We are basking in glorious sunshine, it should go back to normal by the weekend though. I had the cleaning bug a while ago and am still suffering from the tail end of it. I have been spinning in the garden and managed a little knitting. My time is restricted though ad Herbie thinks that I am really out there to play football with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its been glorious here too so a bit of sitting in the sun was on the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had a glorious day too, so lots of work getting done on the outbuilding and a lovely walk by the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been beautiful here today too. No housework or playing with crafty stuff, but as it is one of our days for looking after our youngest Grand-daughter, plenty of playing in the garden with her Grandad and our dog. I did sit outside to oversee it all of course. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hasn't it been beautiful? I can't get enough of this weather! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was actually nice today so I must admit I spent more time outside rather than in. I haven't given up any of my warm winter things yet (though I have pulled out a couple of summer things). I have a LOT of DMC colours - I got a few each time they went on sale (and actually have them organised!) and then my MIL gave me hers.

    Hope you didn't pull your back too much! That's the problem I find with sorting and cleaning. I end up paying for it all the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh your curry sounds delicious hope all enjoyed it. Its making me feel quite hungry.

    D bought me a canvas type bag about 15 years ago that contained the plastic boxes for your floss and over a time I bought a skein here and there until I had every colour available. There are obviously new colours coming out all the time and I just get those as and when I can or need them but it has certainly been a god send and meant no huge outlay for a big project all at once.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-