Pages

Followers

Monday 6 May 2019

Magical!!!

Thank you all so much for your get well wishes on my last post. apart from being foot sore and having a few aches and pains from my day out on Saturday I seem to have recovered.

.......and talking of my day out on Saturday....what can I say but WOW. In fact I have been working with a very limited vocabulary since we visited The Making of Harry Potter...OMG, amazing and WOW featuring very large indeed.
It is an absolutely wonderful and magical place....walking around actual sets and learning about all the behind the scenes work that goes into creating all of the special effects. It was totally awesome.
Here are a couple of pics from the day...........

So many brilliant places to take iconic photos.

....and this made me cry....it was so beautiful. A scale model of Hogwarts in the minutest of detail.

The only downside of the day....the dreadfully overpriced and totally disgusting Butterbeer.

Ruby absolutely made the day as she went in the full Griffyndor uniform and robes which we had bought her for Christmas and she looked so gorgeous. I really wish I could show a pic of her but unfortunately I can't.

I would highly recommend a visit but take your own food and drink....unless you take out a mortgage to pay for it beforehand.....and wear really, really comfortable shoes. We were in there for over six hours so it's a long walk round.
DD and I are definitely going again at some point.

Today we are all at home and I have been asked for homemade scotch eggs with salad for tea. Eggs are cooked and I now just have to assemble them and cook them.

I hope you are all having a fabulous Bank Holiday weekend....although it is a tad chilly and damp out there.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time - apart from the food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had an amazing time. The food was not only expensive...it was horrible.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. A magical day indeed! It sounds like you all had a great day out. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was Jules and I desperately want to go again.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Glad you enjoyed Harry Potter's World. We went a couple of years ago for our daughter's birthday and it certainly is magical. I absolutely loved the books, not so much the films, but I re-read the books now and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read the books Joan but I love the films.....probably because I am a huge fan of special effects, costumes etc. Seeing all the behind the scenes work was just pure magic for me.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you had a fabulous time! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the best Christmas gifts I have ever had Vix.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I so want to go there, Sheila! Perhaps it should be on my 2019 to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Put it right at the top of your list Ann.....you won't regret it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-