Pages

Followers

Friday 17 May 2019

A Sad And Quiet Day!!!

It's two years today since we lost my sister Maggie so I will be spending a quiet day remembering her and also thinking of my nephew and nieces as they not only remember their Mum but also are dealing with the death of their Dad on Monday.
Maggies eldest daughter also lost her beloved dog a few days ago so May is a pretty horrendous month for them.

While I am being quiet....and also resting my poorly back....I will be stitching on this.........


I am hoping to finish it today so that I can start on the one with the boots.....they are just too cute for words.
I aim to do all four pictures and turn them into a wall hanging for the girls rather than making coasters.

Andy is treating us to fish and chips tonight to save me hobbling about in the kitchen....bless him. Bending down to the oven last night was just sheer agony so I am pleased to be spared it tonight.

Right....I shall hobble off and make myself a coffee and then get on with some stitching.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. Oh my word Sheila, your nephew and nieces have had a hell of a time. My sympathies to you all, that 2 years has really gone quick x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sympathies too go to all of you, what a crud time it is. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you from the back pain. Beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, your poor nephew and niece, having lost my parents fairly close together my heart goes out to them - and you. Thinking of you. Be kind to yourself and spend the weekend doing things you love. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard when these anniversaries come round, I always remember my Mum and Dad with a trip to a garden centre. I buy a packet of wild flower seed and spread it somewhere, there are a few pretty patches here and there now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difficult time!

    Beautiful stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to you and yours Sheila xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending love and hugs during this difficult time xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These anniversaries are very difficult. Take care! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sheila. These kind of times hurt the heart and soul. I do hope you are all being gentle with ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cross stitch. Take care and look after yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thinking of you Sheila. These anniversaries are so difficult. Much love. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-