Pages

Followers

Friday 24 May 2019

I Thought I Was Going Mad!!!

The plans I have for the little Halloween squares have been knocked firmly on the head then. I thought I was going quite mad when looking at what should be a square finish and finding that they are not exactly so.....a quarter of an inch bigger one way than the other. I counted stitches, counted them again....no I was right and there were no mistakes in my stitching. On looking very closely at the aida I am using....what should be squares are actually slightly rectangular so I now have one piece taller than it is wide and one piece wider than it is tall. The aida came in a kit with a part work I started collecting (but soon gave up) so it's obviously not the best quality.
I have decided to carry on though and will find another way to finish them once they are all done.

Today so far has been totally pain free thank goodness. There's not much going on in the housework department but I've had a lovely morning stitching....until the postman came with a parcel of threads and then I spent a lovely hour winding them on to bobbins for my thread box.

Tomorrow we are off down to The Doodle House to visit with DDIL and the girls and hand over some holiday spending money for their week away next week. The rest of the weekend will probably be a quiet one as Andy is very tired and DD is at work on Sunday.
On Monday though we will be back down there after they have left to binge watch the last season of Game Of Thrones which they have very kindly recorded for us. DS has also said that if I want to go and spend some time there I am welcome to so I may take him up on that and have a couple of days there so that I can have a wander into town by myself. Obviously I will have to come home in the evenings to feed Andy and DD but it will be lovely to be able to get into town under my own steam.
I'm excited to see Ruby tomorrow as she went to have her hair cut yesterday. Waist length hair to a short bob she said so I wonder if she went through with it 😲.

Anyhoo....I am off back to my stitching. Trick or Treat is finished and Smell my Feet just needs some backstitching and then that will be done.

I hope you all have a lovely relaxing weekend this Bank Holiday.
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad the pain has subsided, Sheila.
    I wonder if Ruby went through with her haircut? You might be in for a surprise. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thrilled you are pain free, long may that last. My goodness I do wonder if Ruby went through with the haircut, such a big decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they will turn out fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a brave hair cut.....if she did it! I always regret going short because I'm not good at making it look good. When it's long I can put it up or tie it back when it's not behaving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-