Pages

Followers

Sunday 2 December 2018

Saturday!!!

Well the Christmas Market/Fair was a bit strange to say the least. Probably the most unChristmassy Christmas Fair I have ever been to.
There were only about twenty stalls and at least six of them were charities wanting you to sign up to a monthly donation. We did sign up to support The Dogs Trust but that was all we could do. It's impossible to help everybody.
We came away with a wheel of eight festive cheeses for our Boxing day cheeseboard and that was it.

Next stop was the newly expanded farm shop. Oh my word it was just gorgeous and we got most of the things left on our shopping list. Just a couple more things and The Doodles and The London Family will be finished, wrapped and put away.

My husband is treading a very thin line. You know I cleaned the oven and you know I had the shock of the smoke alarm going off...yes? So I could really have done without him putting a tray of chestnuts into the oven without telling me and forgetting about them until they started exploding. Honestly I nearly shot through the ceiling and I lost my temper which is very, very unusual for me.
Guess who gets the job of wiping out the oven today....I'll give you a clue....it ain't me.

Hoping for a quiet day today with no drama. A late lunch as DD is at work and a bit of gift wrapping is about all I can cope with....lol.

Hope you are all having a fab weekend.
Sheila-x-

20 comments:

  1. Oh no! He probably won't be doing that again in a hurry. I'm sorry the christmas fair wasn't what you'd hoped, but it sounds as if the farm shop more than made up for it. The weather here is miserable so I'm staying home and doing a little crafting today. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe a good job I didn't have a rolling pin in my hand.
      The farm shop was glorious. They have built a huge two story barn to house the gift shop and the seasonal displays and it's now almost a one stop shop.
      Grey skies here with a little sun peeking around the edges.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Hope you’re having a great day too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inkeep threatening to have the cooker professionally cleaned as I foolishly bought stainless steel and it never really looks clean. I am having a quiet day at home preparing all the activities for my voluntary craft class on Tuesday. It’s a four hour one and you bring your own lunch. Everything has to be made from upcycled materials so I’ve just cut out 16 fleece baubles from an old scarf -used the wee hand cutting machine which is ace. This is the last one for this year and to be honest, I’m needing a break. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been thinking about getting somebody in to clean mine but then they get it so clean I probably wouldn't want to use it...lol.
      Roll on Tuesday for you then. The baubles sound like they will be fun and great to use recycled fabric.
      Have fun.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. There are no Christmas fairs or markets near me, at least I have not seen any advertised. Most garden centres seem to embrace Christmas in a big way. Wyevale in Swansea is soo good that I have to stay away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have several around us Pam. Chatsworth House, Sandon Hall, Shugborough and I think they do one at Calke Abbey.
      Just one garden centre left to visit. I love them at Christmas.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Oh, I think I may have lost my cool, as well! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't he naughty? I'm not surprised you were cross!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is very naughty Vix and very lucky I didn't have my rolling pin to hand...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Sorry your husband was naughty but you love him anyway. I am hoping to got to Waddesdon craft fair next week and our local village fair before hand.
    Love
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good job I do love him Hazel...lol.
      Enjoy your fairs.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Oh Shelia Tony and I did chuckle at your post. We do our chestnuts on top of the woodburner. I love the smell and I watch them like a hawk so they don't burn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm laughing now Cherie but I wasn't at the time.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. I feel for Andy but can't stop myself fro laughing. Disappointing craft fair, such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I could marmalise him at times...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  10. Oh these men! They do some stupid stuff sometimes don't they? But we love them anyway!

    I think some charities nowadays are far too pushy, they tug on your heartstrings and almost try to browbeat you into signing up for regular donations. Charity giving should be entirely voluntary, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes?!!!.....lol.

      Yes I would rather they left it to people to approach them rather than use the hard sell method they seem to have started. But then I suppose there are so many charities now fighting for our donations.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-