Pages

Followers

Thursday 13 December 2018

Proud Ganma!!!

Ruby arrived for tea last night with a beaming smile and two awards that she had been given at school.....one head teacher's award for 100% in all of the spelling tests that she had taken this year and an award for swimming.
I'm not surprised by the spelling award as she is an avid reader and is able to work out some quite difficult words by herself.
The icing on the top of such a good day was the cottage pie and a pudding she had not had before which is now a "ooooh can we have that again" pudding.
When we took her home we went in to view the Christmas tree and other decorations (gorgeous) and to have a quick cuddle with Marlowe who is poorly again. She has only just got over a nasty cold with an ear infection and now she has another nasty cold on her chest.....poor little mite.
I hope she is over it by Christmas.

I've not done much today just tidied the kitchen and cleaned out the fridge. Not much in the way of salad in there except a couple of wrinkled tomatoes and a bunch of spring onions so Andy has gone to pick up fresh for me. We've had quite a few rib sticker meals just lately and I am gagging for some salad so we're having some with Chicken Kievs tonight.

I looked through the brochure at all the extras that you can buy to go with the new mixer and I have decided on just one.....it's called a creaming beater and it scrapes the sides of the bowl as it mixes so that you don't have to keep stopping and doing it. I ordered it straight from Kenwood last night. It had been reduced and I got a further 10% off with a code from when I registered the mixer. It should be here by the weekend.
After serious consideration I can't see that I will need any other attachments really. I have a food processor which chops, slices and grates and I already have a small electric grinder for nuts etc so no....I am not going to be tempted....as pretty as they are...lol.

DD and I are off to the late night at the garden centre tonight. We have been really good with the Christmas budget this year and have decided to buy one of the Lemax village pieces for the kitchen dresser....just a small one for this year and then another one next year and the year after. Three will be just about right I think. 
Anything left over can back into the kitty for next years gift budget.

Hope you are having a lovely day. It's quite bright here but very cold.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations Ruby. I hope little Marlowe is feeling better soon. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. I hope Marlowe is better too. I remember last year she had one cold after another so I hope she's not the same this year.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. It is perishing here and of course the dogs had to dawdle over their walk. They are now asking for another, the shopping is done and put away but there was not much. I am hoping to get some sewing done in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perishing here today too Pam.
      Hope you got your sewing done.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. You could always get extra attachments for your new mixer as your separate gadgets break, but well done for being restrained. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to Ruby, I spent hours with Jack reading when he was younger, I do believe that really helped with his education. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marlene.
      Yes I have spent hours reading with Ruby too over the years but now at eight she likes to read to herself with just the odd bedtime story when she stays over.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Cogratulations Ruby. Look forward to see your village piece it's nice to treat yourself now and again.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hazel.
      I shall put a pic up when we have it set out.....we were a bit naughty and bought two.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Well done Ruby , Its lovely when they do well and i also think swimming is really important and needs to be learned in schools but unfortunately its not always the case anymore xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I'm so glad that her school has swimming lessons. She moves to a new school next year and I am hoping it's continued there.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-