Pages

Followers

Sunday 30 December 2018

Apologies!!!

How very rude of me to forget to thank everyone who left me such lovely messages when I decided to take a break from blogging.
Thank you all-x-

Yesterday I decided to go out and do a bit of shopping for myself. I had a clothes shop voucher which got spent. I wasn't particularly looking for sale stuff but the shop had 20% off everything which was nice.
With some cash I had been given I treated myself to a couple of new jigsaws....not in the sale but they weren't a bad price anyway and they are Winter scenes which will be lovely to do when this bad weather comes that they are predicting.

Today I have cooked a proper Sunday lunch of roast beef and I am just about to put another gammon joint on to cook for our tea tomorrow.....we enjoyed the one we had on Christmas Eve so much that we decided to get another for New Years Eve and Day.

The cheese wheel I bought from the racecourse Christmas market is fantastic and like an idiot I forgot to save the label from it in case we want to order another one.
Who would have thought that cheese with chocolate and orange would taste so good. We still have plenty of flavours yet to try so we'll have some with any leftover ham and some salad on Tuesday.
We don't party on New years Eve really but we will see in the new year and Andy will let off his rockets.

Tonight I am off to the cinema with DD to see Bohemian Rhapsody at last. When it first came on I was too busy and too tired to want to go so I am really pleased that they are showing it again.

Hope you are all having a nice restful day today.
Sheila-x-




11 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila, that cheese wheel sounds tasty. I might have to google it and see if I can find one. We do like nice cheese. Have a lovely time at the cinema with your DD. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a google Cherie but I can't find the one we bought. It has eight different flavoured cheeses most of which you can buy at the supermarkets....Sage Derby, Wensleydale with cranberries etc but they worked out cheaper than buying a piece of each from the supermarket.
      I think Asda do a chocolate and orange cheese.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. So pleased you had a nice day shopping and brought a few things. I must get another jigsaw when I go to the market the man had some nice ones 500 pieces for £3.00. My granddaughter a I watched Cinderella this afternoon. Hope you had a nice time at the cinema.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really nice to be not rushing about like a mad thing looking for gifts Hazel.
      I shall keep hitting the charity shops for jigsaws this next year as then I can do them and donate them back when they are done with.
      The cinema was fabulous.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Serious cinema envy, Sheila. I checked BR last might and the only showing now is 9pm which is too late for us codgers to be out!! Although Scottish, we ignore New Year completely and go to bed. No special food for NYD either although I must remeber to do a top up shop tomorrow or it’ll be sparse rations until Thursday otherwise. Enjoy
    the film-I have heard lots of great reports about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our showing was at 8pm but I think I still would have gone if it had been midnight...lol.
      It's an amazing film.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Hope you enjoy the film! Sounds like you had fun shopping. I looked around but there wasn't really anything that caught my fancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant film Sharon.
      The sales weren't very inspiring to be honest.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I saw Bohemian Rhapsody and it was amazing. I looked for the DVD today but couldnt find it.
    Bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you've had a lovely Xmas and are spending time doing stuff for you! Happy New Year to you and yours, Sheila. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix.
      Hope you have a fabulous 2019.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-