Pages

Followers

Friday 7 December 2018

All Is Calm!!!

Well at least it is now that I have finished fighting with wrapping paper and sticky tape........yes the wrapping is done dot com for 2018....thank goodness.

Yesterday I gave Katy Kenwood a little test drive and made a Victoria sponge....it was all I had the ingredients for.....and I am impressed.
I popped out last night and stocked up on a few baking goodies and will have a bit of a session this weekend as I have every intention of staying home except for a little drive out on Sunday morning.
We won't have roast Sunday lunches between now and Christmas so tomorrow I will make a big cottage pie....enough for Sunday and for one night in the week. It will be bliss not to have to get up early to put a joint in the oven.

I just have a little job to do and then I am going to sit and watch a Christmas film on tv as it is marked on my list as one I want to see.

Hope you are having a good day and that the weekend is happy one.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. Enjoy your baking session with Katy and not having to get up early on Sunday, it is so nice to make enough for another day, less work for you. Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will enjoy my baking session Marlene. I've not really done any for ages apart from all those cupcakes last month.
      Hope you have a lovely weekend too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. We are having cottage pie tonight with a root veg mash topping with, shhhhh.....sprouts and broccoli. quilting today, binding tomorrow, wrapping on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could eat sprouts for breakfast Pam...lol....I absolutely love them.
      Lovely job.....binding a quilt. I find it very soothing.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The film is called....The Perfect Christmas Village. Channel 5 and they seem to be rotating them so I'm sure it will be on again.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. How lovely not to have to do roast dinners between now and Christmas! So pleased you're enjoying the new toy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always stop having roasts on Sunday for a few weeks before Christmas and then we enjoy our festive lunch even more.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. What film are you watching? By the way, you are one lucky girl. I love, love, love the new mixer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The film was called The Perfect Christmas Village. It was OK.
      Oh Theresa I know. I am very lucky and very spoiled.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Enjoy your lay in on Sunday! The sun is supposed to shine here all weekend (sshh!) so hopefully we'll be able to get out and about for a walk or two

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get out for your walks this weekend and take some lovely photos to show us.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Glad she was as good as anticipated, have a good baking session.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-