Pages

Followers

Friday 14 December 2018

Lovely Morning!!!

It was so lovely out this morning. Crisp and cold with sunshine and bits of blue sky. It was a bit nippy queueing outside the butchers at the farm but we were soon home to warm up with a nice hot cup of tea.
Now the beef I bought has been cubed and is simmering away on the stove. Once it is cooked it will go into the fridge to get all nice and tasty ready to make a steak pie for our Sunday lunch....yummy.
While the beef is cooking I am going to rustle up a batch of chocolate and peppermint cupcakes decorated with crushed candy canes to take down to the girls tomorrow morning.
I am going to be looking after them while Mummy and Daddy go out to do some festive shopping in peace so I thought I'd take down a nice little treat for them.

Poor DD had to phone into work sick this morning as she developed a migraine overnight and was quite poorly with it so she is getting a little mollycoddling today. Unfortunately I am a bit of a slow nurse as I went and put my knee out yesterday and it hurts like hell. I don't even know how I did it.

I hope you are all getting ready for a lovely weekend.
Sheila-x-

11 comments:

  1. I hope your knee is soon on the mend, Sheila. Don't overdo things looking after everyone else. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that sounds sore! And poor DD, I haven't had a migraine for a few years but know how debilitating they are for days afterwards. Take it easy, Sheila - well, as easy as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, look after that, knees can be tricky little blighters they do a lot of work. The cakes sound delish, something that Francesca would like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, you poor thing. Do take it easy on the knee, and I hope you and DD feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your poorly knee and your daughter's nasty migraine go quickly!
    Have a fab weekend with the girls! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you and your daughter are feeling better soon. Chocolate and peppermint cupcakes soon delicious.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ouch (the knee). Hope it, and your daughter, are OK very soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cakes sound wonderful! Hope daughter feels better soon. Migraines are no fun. Hope your knee feels better soon - try not to do anything else to aggravate it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How is the poorly knee today.. Plenty of festive alcohol will deaden the pain :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sheila... Michelle from the US here. I found your blog while searching for PC Crafter. I have tons of their old artwork. Are you still able to use it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used mine for years Michelle but I think I have it on discs somewhere.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-