Pages

Followers

Wednesday 5 December 2018

Halfway Through Another Week!!!

Well here we are...halfway through another week already.
Where does the time go?

It's a very dreary, grey, wet and misty day which I will thankfully be spending inside until we have to take Ruby home later.
There are a few jobs I can choose from to occupy myself so I won't get bored although tidying the kitchen and mopping the floor doesn't really come very high on the excitement table...lol.

I had a bit of a restless night last night. My neighbour has her outdoor icicle lights up. They look gorgeous but I do not appreciate them being left on all night as they are so bright that they light up my bedroom and they kept me awake. I like my bedroom pitch black.
Added to that....the dog was restless and pitter pattering round the bedroom floor and up and down the landing so not a very peaceful night at Tea Towel Mansion.

Gift wrapping will be finished today and I must say that I am awfully glad. It used to be one of my favourite jobs at Christmas but not so much now I don't know why.
Next will be the writing of the Christmas cards. We don't send many these days so that shouldn't be too long a job and then I can get onto decorating the kitchen dresser.

I hope you are all tucked up inside today out of this horrible weather.
Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. Oh Lordy, I hate those lights, our road is so windy that no one puts them up. They would end up in North Wales or on Barry Island depending on the wind direction. No present wrapping yet, it is scheduled for the weekend. It is simply foul here , horizontal rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually don't mind them as long as they are not blue and last year she had them on a timer to switch off at about 10pm. She seems to have forgotten to do that this year.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Practically the end of the year already, Sheila - this year has positively rocketed by. I shan't be sorry to see the end of it! Have a lovely time with Ruby later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you won't be sorry to see the end of it Sooze. Let's hope 2019 is much better for you.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. The couple across the road from us have a Christmas tree all lit up with flashing blue lights. It looks like a police raid every time we walk into our bedroom. All we need are sirens and I would be convinced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue lights are horrible and should be banned....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Thankfully it is too windy here for lights, so we don't have that problem. Although I can sympathise with the restless dog part. Have a good time with Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were on all day and night again yesterday but I did get some sleep thank goodness.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. It's been a filthy day here, we drove to Shropshire for a tazz around the chazzas and found some great stuff which cheered us up no end.
    We're lucky not to look over any neighbours - the house down the road has some horrid blue lights! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh hope we get to see some pics of your finds.
      I hate blue lights.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Not a light of any sort in sight when you live up a lane in the middle of fields!
    Hope you can fix something up to block out your neighbours lights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so tired last night Sue that I was almost asleep before I got in bed....even though the lights were still on.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. No lights close enough to be a nuisance here, thank goodness. I've been wrapping presents as I've bought or completed them this year, and I've much preferred it to a marathon wrapping session; that always used to give me a bad back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to wrap as I bought and I don't know why I don't do it now.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-