Pages

Followers

Friday 28 December 2018

Dipping My Toes In!!!

Well hello there....I hope you are all well and have had a wonderful Christmas.
We had a smashing Christmas Eve with The Doodles. I cooked a ham for us all and The Doodles provided salads, rolls and the traditional Christmas Eve chips.
It was so lovely to be all together. The girls opened their gifts and judging by Ruby's screams and the amount of jumping up and down we had chosen well and Marlowe was over the moon with her Baby Annabelle doll and outfits.

Christmas Day was quiet with just the three of us and Boxing Day should have been the same but we had unexpected guests and I had to cook a hot meal instead of the simple cheeseboard and salad I had planned.

.....and all of a sudden it is over. DD is back at work although she finishes today for a week....her traditional week off for her birthday which is on January 3rd. Hopefully she will be rid of the nasty cold she has had over Christmas and can enjoy it.

I had some absolutely wonderful gifts....a matching Ness handbag and purse, scented candles, Sanctuary Spa bath goodies, lovely frames with pictures of the girls in, a voucher for clothes, a poncho and a huge surprise of a ticket to visit The Making Of Harry Potter with DDIL and Ruby in May. DD has managed to book a ticket too so we will be off on a girly road trip.

My absence from blogging has been longer than I intended and I am so sorry about that. I thought a few days rest would see me straight again but obviously I needed more time. I think it was a combination of exhaustion both physical and mental as I don't seem to have stopped since the party in November and I was starting to feel ill.
I'm just about back on track now and things are getting back to normal.....the beast has had to come out this morning to clean the carpets which is very much my normal these days.

Andy is watching some godawful film on tv so I am off for a soak in some Sanctuary and despite having to cook tea later I think I might put me jim jams on and have a lazy couple of hours before I have to do my kitchen duties.

Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

18 comments:

  1. So lovely to hear from you, Sheila, and glad you had a wonderful Christmas with the family. That’s a really exciting trip to Harry Potter and it will be extra special to see it through the eyes of a young fan. Take care and pace yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Catriona.
      Very excited for the trip to Harry Potter and going with Ruby will make it even more magical.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Oh Sheila I am so pleased to see your post and it was just exhaustion and not any thing more serious. So pleased you had a lovely Christmas and your daughter is feeling better soon, I have had a cold now for well over a week. Don't forget to pace yourself and the housework can wait now and again.
    Best wishes to a Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you Hazel.
      I think Roz's cold has pretty much gone now so I hope yours has too.
      Housework is having to wait as I have too many bodies under my feet to get on with anything.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. It's lovely to see you back Sheila. That sounds like a wonderful Christmas you have had. I too have had (still have ) the dreaded cold. It's really knocking the stuffing out of me. Have a lovely weekend and get plenty of rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl.
      I hope your cold is on it's way out now. So many people have been poorly over Christmas haven't they?
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I've missed you Sheila, I'm glad you're feeling much more yourself and have had a good Christmas. Hope DD's cold goes soon and doesn't spoil her week off. Have a lovely new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Sooze...thank you.
      Roz's cold is almost gone now so she should have a good week off.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you had a lovely Christmas! I think we all need a break now and then, sometimes there are things more important than blogging. You have to take care of yourself and your family first...though I did miss reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. I must admit I was truly shattered but I am just about back to normal now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Glad you got a break, Christmas is exhausting and I agree with you. Take a break. It is well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....I really did need that break.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Understand completely, as I have felt like I haven't stopped for several weeks, and now that it all over, I'm exhausted and a bit out of sorts. Glad everyone liked their gifts and I hope you have a lovely day. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas really is exhauting Jenn....I'm glad it's only once a year.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Glad you had a lovely Christmas, the Harry Potter trip sounds exciting, sometimes it is good to take a break for our own sanity. I am going to have one myself as I have so much stuff going on in my head, I am not in a good place at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall be wishing the days away Marlene....I'm so excited.
      Having a break does do you the world of good so I hope you enjoy yours.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. It's good to have you back, Sheila and I'm glad you enjoyed a lovely Christmas with your family. We all deserve some time out now and again, even if it's easier said than done. You cannot pour from an empty cup. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules I really needed that time out...my cup was definitely empty.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-