Pages

Followers

Thursday 31 August 2017

Just A Quickie!!!

Just a quick post today as I woke up feeling rather human this morning and have been busy stripping meat from oxtail bones....what a nasty job......and sorting out computer problems.

I rashly promised Andy a roast dinner today so I need to get my skates on and get that started.
I'm actually looking forward to it too as I haven't eaten a roast dinner for a couple of weeks or so although Andy got his on Sunday as he, DD and Ruby went up to Carsington while I was nursing an upset stomach.
So pork chops with all the trimmings today....yummy.

We've given up on Glee as we don't like it. We'll need to find something else to watch for the next few nights though goodness knows what.

Ruby didn't come yesterday as she was spending some time with Daddy on his day off. The next time I see her will be next Wednesday after her first day back at school. It doesn't seem five minutes since she broke up. I don't think she is really looking forward to going back.

OK....on with the spud bashing and veg prep.

Hugs to you all.
Sheila-x-


7 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling human again. The pork chops sounds good, we are having lamb shanks they have been in the slow cooker all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Human...as in energy and va voom and all that...well lucky you! I feel as dull as the weather right now...have lit the woodburner and after a day cooking the books am absolutely shattered. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep....I gots me some va va voom at last...lol.
      I should think cooking the books is enough to bore you to death. I know it does me.
      Hope you have a more uplifting day today.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Glad you are feeling more with it, I have never had oxtail before sounds like a messy job, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Marlene.... I am all for good wholesome homemade stuff but I am not actually sure that oxtail soup is worth the time and bother and the bone bit is messy.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Ooo I love a good pork chop dinner! Glad to hear you are feeling human. Glee - I could never understand the hype and I didn't like it either.
    I've just been watching Victoria. A really good series I couldnt stop watching from a few years back was Being Human. The UK version though, I tried the US version and it was pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't stop believin' la, la, la....mmm one good song does not a good series make. What a crock of poop....lol.
      Don't like Victoria either but I will have a look at Being Human and see what that is about.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-