Pages

Followers

Tuesday 29 August 2017

I Think I Am Back!!!

Well that is a good old bunch of days that I wouldn't care to repeat anytime soon....or anytime in fact.
The migraine stayed with me for a long while and on some days got really bad making me feel very ill indeed. There has also been two bouts of a sickness bug and a summer cold so basically I have just felt like poop for days on end.

I wasn't feeling great when Ruby arrived on Wednesday for a slightly shortened holiday but her being here has certainly cheered me up and we have had some great fun baking, crafting, playing games, shopping....and best of all snuggling.
Her holiday was shorter than planned because the previous week she had been away down south and had a bit of a meltdown with homesickness and had to come home early. Mummy and Daddy decided maybe it would be best if she had some days at home before then coming to spend five days with us which actually worked out well as the plumber finally came on the Monday and Tuesday to do the bathroom walls and then a joiner came out on Wednesday to do the bath panel....which means that the bathroom is now finished and we just need to go and order the carpet and have it fitted thank gawd.

As you can imagine my being out of action means that the house ain't quite what it should be and I have a lot of catching up to do on the housework front. I was looking forward to having some time on my own this week to get those jobs done thinking Andy was on afternoon shift but he's not he's on nights which means I can't do anything noisy like ferreting in corners with the hoover until he gets out of bed.
Cue much gnashing of teeth and cussing as I really wanted to get caught up.
So convinced was I that Andy was on afternoons that I cooked his main meal at lunchtime and made plans for DD and I to just have beans on toast for tea so that we could slob in front of the tv and start on our new box set.....the first season of Glee. That won't be happening now as Andy hates musical things.

Anyhoo....that is a bit of a catch up from me....now I have to pay some visits and catch up with what you have all been up to since I last managed to visit your blogs which seems like forever ago.

Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. Take your time, we will be here waiting when you are good and ready xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just catching up myself, after a long absence visiting the family. So sorry to hear you have felt so awful, hopefully you are now on the mend. Sounds like you had some fun with Ruby, children have the knack of cheering us up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly....Ruby was better than any medicine a doctor could prescribe-x-

      Delete
  3. Oh it is good to see you up and around again and feeling better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are finally feeling better Sheila, it's lovely to read an update from you.
    Bless Ruby, I used to get really homesick when I slept over any where for just a night and I was a lot older than her!
    I'm just waiting for Amy and Thomas to go back to college and school now so I can get on with what I need to do - so I know how you feel :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First time ever Ruby has been homesick so we were all a bit shocked.
      I can't believe it's only a week now until back to school. The summer has gone so fast-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-