Pages

Followers

Wednesday 30 August 2017

It's All About The Food!!!

There has been a touch of Autumn around here for the last couple of days. Dull heavy skies, drizzly rain and mists and last night it was dark before 8:30pm. I have even read this morning that there will be some frosts this week.
This is all very good news for me as it heralds my most favourite time of the year......time for soups and stews and all manner of warming and comforting food for my family.

Today there is a pan of of spicy mince and beans bubbling away on the stove. Some for tonight's meal and some for the freezer.
There are also the ingredients waiting for me to make a pan of homemade oxtail soup once Andy has been into town to pick up a couple of things for me.
I need carrots. Once I just had to fight the dog for carrots but now we have Ginger and Skylar I am always running out of them.....lol.

The get together went very well and we all had an amazing time. Everyone really enjoyed the food and sitting round the outdoor table under the big umbrella while it drizzled with rain.
We sat out quite late with Ruby and Marlowe snuggled in the sofa quilts while we read story books. I think Marlowe will be as big a bookworm as Ruby.

DD and I started watching Glee last night but we are not over impressed with it. We'll watch a few more and see if we like it any better but if not will give it up as a bad job. No loss really as the whole of season one only cost £1.99 from That's Entertainment.

I've not managed to catch up with anyone's blog yet but I will do it either today or tomorrow. I'm not sure if Ruby is coming today for her tea but whatever happens I desperately need to go out and do some shopping tonight.

Rightio....that is my late coffee break finished so I'll go and tackle the mess I have made in the kitchen.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. Autumn is fast approaching here also and I too have been busy batch cooking for the freezer. I can't remember the last time we had oxtail soup, that certainly needs to be remedied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golly....it seems like your summer only started a few weeks ago doesn't it? -x-

      Delete
  2. I'm excited for some soup making and 'proper' food.
    I'm glad you're feeling better. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making proper food although I don't always like eating it and will very often have salad instead-x-

      Delete
  3. It's good to have you back Sheila...I shouldn't worry about the kitchen...our whole cottage is in a state of...well when the side porch is added we'll sort it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie.
      Not worrying too much about the housework....it will get done when it gets done.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I just bought some shin beef especially for some stews as I feel those weather has turned and it's dark by nine ish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving that it's getting dark earlier. More time for snuggles with the candles lit.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. Made stew n dumplings for the HG tonight and he demolished it!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-