Pages

Followers

Tuesday 15 August 2017

Now Begins The Catching Up!!!

I seem to be pretty much back to normal today apart from some aching left in my neck and shoulders but I can cope with that.
I have been having migraines since I was eleven years old and I must admit to being quite tired of them now after forty nine years.

There is a lot to catch up on in the house because I have been totally out of action but that will soon get sorted out and we'll be back to being clean and tidy.
Andy does his best bless him but housework isn't really his thing.
Back to cooking too and another pretty simple meal tonight of homemade pork and pepper burgers in a Brioche roll with corn on the cob. This was decided on last night after DD arrived home proudly bearing green peppers that she had grown at work so I wanted to make use of them.

I managed to venture off into the rainy evening and go and do a small top up shop picking up some bargain posh breads from T***o. Cornbread, a 3 cheese bloomer and a brown bloomer all snuggled in the freezer now ready to have with soups.
B&M also came up trumps with some bargain slippers in the sale at £1 per pair. DD and I had two pairs each. I get through slippers like nobody's business so I now have a spare pair in stock.

I took a little walk round the garden this morning to see if anything wants tidying up before we have our visitors on Sunday. So much has gone over now but I was really surprised to find.......


The Chalice Rose having another bash at flowering. The blooms are smaller than the first flowering but beautiful all the same.



Our Agatha-(panthus) hanging on for dear life. Looking a bit tatty in places but she has put on an amazing show with eleven flower heads this year.


A beautiful Sedum just waiting for the right time to burst open.

So some things are really done and need to be trimmed back, some things are hanging on and some things are yet to come. It's been a lovely summer in our back garden. I just wish we could have had the get together a little earlier when everything was at it's best but Miss Ruby's social calendar didn't allow for that...lol.

Is anyone else finding the nights chilly?
Last night I went to bed in long pyjamas and fluffy socks......clutching a hot water bottle.
What is all that about?
It's not even the end of August yet.
Mind you I never complain......I am always up for snuggling 😄

Anyhoo....I will go and make these burgers and do a bit more titivating around the house although no hoovering until Andy gets up.

Tara for now and thanks for stopping by.
Sheila-x-


8 comments:

  1. Hi Shelia glad you are feeling a bit better now, I always use to get the time of the month migraine and it was a real stinker, luckily I don't get either now. Your your garden looks great xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call mine the Martini Migraine.....any time, any place, anywhere....lol.
      The garden will look better after a bit of a tidy on Saturday if the weather plays nice.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Glad you are almost tip- top now! I have only had 3 migraines in my life so my heart goes out to you having had them since early adulthood. Bless Andy and DD they sound like they work so hard ,guess they just want to flop when they get through the door!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Nat....Andy and DD have certificates in Flopping and also pretending to be asleep when I need an extra pair of hands for help with something. I have to laugh at them else I think I might well strangle them :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Glad you are nearly better. I ver occasionally have a migraine and it knocks me senseless for days. Garden is looking lovely-our May flowering clematis has just flowered again today and it is lovely to see frim the kitchen window. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vile things aren't they....migraines.
      Might need a few packs of bedding pansies or something to fill in some gaps now but the garden has done really well.
      One of our jobs is to find somewhere for a nice clematis.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. My migraines have all but disappeared now that I have hit menopause. One doctor said they were hormone related and I tend to believe it. Glad you are feeling better.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've hit the menopause and am well beyond it now Barb so if it is hormone related I wish the little blighters would go off on a long trip and lose their way home...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-