Pages

Followers

Wednesday 16 August 2017

Keeping It Simple!!!

The menu for Sunday is just about sorted I think and I have decided to keep it quite simple.
Chicken done in a couple of different marinades for those who like spicy and then plain for those who don't.
There will also be a few burgers and sausages but I won't go mad with those.
Hot potatoes in a fresh mint butter, beetroot and red onion salad in a balsamic glaze, coleslaw, a plain green salad and crusty rolls.
Deserts will be a choice of hot plum crumble or Eton Mess but I haven't given drinks a thought yet.....maybe elderflower cordial and some Bucks Fizz.
I have most things in already so there won't be much extra on the shopping bill this week just the fresh stuff.
I just hope it's nice enough to eat outside but if it isn't....well we've all squeezed inside before so I'm sure we can do it again.

Today I am giving the kitchen a good old scrub out and as I am busy the freezer has come to the rescue with a tub of spicy mince and beans. I'll just shove some sweet potato jackets in to go with that....easy peasy.

Well that's me five minutes break done so I'll get back to it....if I really have to...lol.......maybe I'll just read a couple of blogs first.

Hope you're all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

5 comments:

  1. It all sounds absolutely delicious Shiela. Your guests are very lucky. I haven't forgotten about that recipe, I've just been busy keeping a certain small person entertained. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds delicious Sheila. Funnily enough I was thinking about making a plum crumble this weekend. The nights drawing in and the slight chill to the air are making me want to indulge in a good pudding and custard. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely...elderflower cordial and Eton mess...mummmm...just arrived up your way for a few days before scuppering off to Edinburgh! That migraine sounded like a monster...light definitely affects me sometimes..huggies, Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I found you! I Kinda feel a little bit like a stalker. Yikes! I would really love to get in touch with you again properly. I adored reading about you and your family, what an awesome life you guys have created and that little munchkin is just adorable. :) Be well my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG back at ya Jo. Wow fab to hear from you.
      I should be back up and blogging again after the weekend-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-