Pages

Followers

Sunday 25 June 2017

As Pretty As A Picture!!!


Maggie's Rose.
It is actually called Margaret Merrill but I shall call it Mags for short.
I have a lovely idea to make a special little garden in a small border we have by the front door. I just need to make some things and aquire some things to bring it all together.
It does look amazing against the shed which is painted in a colour called Coastal Mist but I wouldn't dare leave it there as Andy spends a lot of time hanging about round the shed and with his clumsiness it will without a doubt get damaged. Best out of his way then it saves him an ear bashing.

A lazy lunch at the pub today but a very noisy one. There was a group in with rather a lot of screamy children. Not sure if my ear drums will ever recover. They also monopolised the waitresses to the extent that the wait for even a menu was ridiculous let alone the wait for food but once we got our meal it was absolutely delicious.

A bit of horror at Tea Towel Mansion this morning....DD spotted a rat coming from behind the shed to feast on the scattered seed from the bird feeders....yikes!!! Andy will be off out in the morning to pick up some rat poison and get it put down and I will be racking my brain to come up with an idea to minimise the mess the birds make if at all possible so that no more get tempted to visit.
I really, really hate rats.

Now we are all doing our own thing for a while until it's time to settle down and watch The Loch. Usually by the third episode I can tell if I am going to watch something to the end so tonight will be the decider.

Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday.
Sheila-x-

15 comments:

  1. Hi Shelia, what a lovely idea for the rose and garden.
    We have had rats as well here, I have the table with feeders hanging from it and also food on the ground, all the food on the ground gets taken in at night times, John got some rat traps and poison and that did the job for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our birds are very filthy eaters and have no table manners whatsoever so the ground beneath the feeders is covered in seed. Some gets pecked up but now obviously the rat has discovered this free restaurant.It will be exterminated pronto-x-

      Delete
  2. The rose is beautiful, can't wait to see your finished Maggie garden. We often have rats in the garden, husband once caught 17 in traps in about 3 weeks. Perils of living on farmland. At least they've never come indoors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gawd Sooze the thought of a rat coming in the house makes me want to collapse on the spot. I am terrified of them-x-

      Delete
  3. Beautiful rose and I love your plan for the butterflies and dragonflies too. We have squirrels and foxes in our garden and a neighbour thinks she has a badger as well. I'm married to a country boy who has no compuction about dealing with mice and rats in traps which slightly horrifies our neighbours. One of our elderly neighbours feeds the foxes and of course the squirrels steal all the bird food-fats with bushy tails as they're known in our house! Hope Andy solves the problem quickly-Wilcos have traps but they are quite expensive. Cleaning our caravan today ready for its first outing soon. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get the little garden done Catriona.
      My boy is a country boy too and hopefully he will deal with the problem quickly.
      The only other thing I have seen round here lately is a hedgehog. It's so cute and goes for a little constitutional around the estate at tea time obviously looking for his evening meal.

      Oh no....more caravan envy...lol-x-

      Delete
  4. Your rose is so pretty Sheila and I look forward to seeing "Maggie's" garden. My daughter has recently moved and was really looking forward on sorting out the garden when she was out there a few days ago and saw several rats like yourself she hates them and not go out there now unless someone is with her. Her husband has put lots of poison down and I think she is going to get the council out to get rid of them.
    Have a good week.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several rats would just about finish me off Hazel...lol.
      I think ours is the first one we have ever seen here in twenty years and hopefully we won't be seeing him again once I have set Andy on him.
      Hope you have a good week too-x-

      Delete
  5. Oh dear...rats...I remember having to 'finish off' some affected by poison but not dead with the help of a large shovel...I apologised to each one before delivering the fatal blow...not sure you'll be doing that Sheila!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no, no, no, no....I will definitely not be doing that Jackie. I feel sick just thinking about it...yuck.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. We have been told not to put out bird feeders as just before we moved here there was a rat problem.Shame for the birds though. We get a lot of magpies that over the past few weeks have done nothing but cackle in a screeching voice.Also get squirrels that come up to the back door and also screech.My poor ears.LOL
    The rose is beautiful and a perfect find for your equally beautiful sister xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gawd yes we have two massive magpies that keep divebombing the garden.
      The rat is the first one we have seen in our garden to be honest so they haven't been a huge problem but best not to let them turn into one I think so he will be a goner asap-x-

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful rose, your garden plans sound amazing a lovely tribute. It may be wise to stop feeding the birds for a little while, there is plenty of natural food available for them right now until you get on top of the rat problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MM. I just hope it looks as good on the ground as it does in my head.

      I think to stop feeding the birds is a good idea for now-x-

      Delete
  8. The rose is beautiful. I took my bird feeder down after we had torrential rain one day and I looked out the window and saw a rat clinging to it eating the nuts!

    Unless I'm sat in a restaurant or pub that's specifically geared for families I tend to think children should be seen and not heard. Unfortunately, these days a lot of parents seem oblivious to the their offspring being pains in the a**e. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-