Pages

Followers

Tuesday 28 March 2017

Fabric Stash And My New Baby!!!

I had to get out of the house last night as I was going just a little bit stir crazy and having done a quick fabric inventory DD and I decided on a quick trip to Dunelm for a touch of stash buying......





Over eight metres of fabric for less than £35.
The top two pictures are Rose & Hubble crafting cottons and the bottom one is a couple of remnants which were ridiculously cheap.
The turquoise....nearly a metre and over 60" wide is going to be either a bag or cushions.......for £2.99.
Lots of fabric I liked for making the pattern I bought from the NEC.....but not at ten to twenty pounds a metre I'm afraid. I have seen lots I like at Ikea at four pounds a metre so there will be a visit there some time this week.

On the way out we passed the display of sewing machines and there was a machine I have had my eye on for quite some time although I knew there was no way I could afford to get it.
Just out of interest I asked the price and was a bit shocked that it was the cheapest I had ever seen it and it was the last one.
I told Andy about it this morning and nearly had a heart attack when he said...OK well let's go and get it then......OMG.
So here is my new baby.


Please excuse the pile of stuff behind which had to be shoved to one side to get her on the table.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with my Singer Tradition but she does make me squirm a bit when sewing through all the layers for this rag quilt I am making. She will just be kept for dressmaking and other craft sewing and the new one will just be for quiltmaking.
I can't wait to put her through her paces.

Before I can do any sewing today I need to put a curried pork casserole on to get cooking and I need to clear away that pile of stuff from the table and the window ledge, run the hoover round as Smudgedog has been chewing on carrots again and give the kitchen floor a mop.
There's always something to be done isn't there?

Apron on then and let's get them jobs done quickly.
Hope you are all having a fabulous day.
Sheila-x-

 

 

14 comments:

  1. Lovely fabric, I never think to look in Dunelm for it. Ooh a new baby to play with, what fun, it's a shame there are always the jobs to be done first isn't it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The craft cotton range isn't huge Cheryl but they had some really nice stuff at ours last night and some of it was reduced to £2.99 a metre. Some of the higher range fabrics make your eyes water a bit at the price but they are very nice to look at....and stroke...lol.
      Looking forward to playing with my new baby-x-

      Delete
  2. Good old Singer, I've had a few in my time. I didn't know that dumelm did remnants, I shall have a look next time I'm there.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted this particular one because it has a drop in bobbin which I have always wanted and no computer which seems to be the way they are going now. Also I have a massive collection of different feet for Singer machines and I didn't want to have to replace them if I got another make of machine.
      The remnants at our Dunelm were just bagged up and priced on the end of the cutting table and I wouldn't even have known but I heard another customer asking for them. So if you can't see them....ask-x-

      Delete
  3. Oh Sheila I'm so happy for you...so the old codger came good in the end! Really love the rose sprig fabric...it reminds me of a jug my parents had and also their bedroom wallpaper. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally unexpected Jackie. The old codger did come good.
      The rose sprig fabric was only £2.99 a metre....wish I'd got a bit more now.
      Off to Ikea shortly for yet more fabric and then I will be set up for all the projects I want to make....and then some.
      Hope your ear is OK today.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Your fabric is lovely and the blue fabric was a bargain - Well done - your new machine looks absolutely brilliant! Singer make and have always made brilliant hard working machines - so pleased for you - hope you will show us all the lovely items you are going to make with that beauty xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was very pleased with the fabrics. Not a huge choice but they had what I wanted.
      The machine is quite basic but I really wanted something that would take all the layers of the quilts without me gritting my teeth and crossing my fingers every time I go over a thick seam on the rag quilts. I have lots of projects planned so I will be sharing them as I do them-x-

      Delete
  5. Have fun, I know your will enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is great to find lovely fabric nice and cheap. I always ask about off cuts and remnants, and if the shop does lessons i ask about the scrap bin, it amazing what people will throw away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall certainly be asking about the remnants in future if I can't see them on the counter Pam-x-

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your new baby!! She's a beauty!!! : ) Happy sewing!! xo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy.
      I am going to have so much fun-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-