Pages

Followers

Tuesday 11 May 2010

Watercolour Background-The Cheats Way!!!

A very simple card tonight.
I love watercolours and soft washy backgrounds but am just totally useless with the paints and pencils used to create the effect...........so here I have done what I call The Cheats Watercolour Background.
This is so easy to do.
Take a piece of heavyish watercolour paper (I use a pad from The Works)cut to the size you want your finished piece to be and then cut a piece of coloured tissue paper smaller than your watercolour paper. I usually cut mine to leave a half inch border all the way round.
Now spritz the watercolour paper quite heavily with water and place the piece of tissue in the centre of the paper and leave it to soak for a minute or so.
Lift the paper off and spritz with more water then scrape the lead of a watercolour pencil with a knife over the paper. If the scrapings just sit there and don't blend into the wet surface just spritz lightly with water.
Dry with a heatgun and then iron the reverse to flatten the paper out.

For my sample I have used a stamp from a set by Artemio and added a little colour to the foliage with a green watercolour pencil. The flowers have been glitzed with a little yellow Stickles.
I think the sentiment stamp is Penny Black but I'm not 100% sure as it has been unmounted from it's block.

I have no work tomorrow and I'm in a baking mood so I'm off into the kitchen to cook up some treats for my lot. I just find baking so relaxing.

Bye for now
Sheila-x-

1 comment:

  1. Oooooooooo Sheila, we all like to 'cheat' at some time with our crafting. Your 'cheat' is very effective and I love what you have done. Just have to remember your instructions LOL
    Enjoy your day off
    Hugs
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-