Pages

Followers

Friday 16 January 2009

Black, White and Pink Oriental!!!

I know this is a rather odd choice of colours for an Oriental card but I really like it.
I have stamped images from a Stamp To Your Arts Content UM sheet onto Basic Grey paper using Ancient Page Coal Black ink.
The background has just been layered straight on to white card.
I removed a part of the face image before matting (which was just a solid black area as is at the bottom) and then trimmed the mat to follow the contour. I stamped a second face onto white card and attached with foam pads.
There is just a tiny bit of Stickles added to brighten up the finished card which needed to be a fairly quick card to go with a main project in a class.

I've had a pretty busy week this week so I am off up to my nice tidy workroom for a bit of relaxation. I may get the Cricut out or I might stamp......not made my mind up yet but I will enjoy the peace whatever I do......and hope to goodness that whatever it is that it will make some inroad into the four inch deep pile of paper I have sorted out to be used up........lol!!!

Have a fab weekend.
Bye for now
Sheila-x-

5 comments:

  1. This is superb - I love the colour x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, I can't read your typing? It's almost the same colour as your background! I love your card though, it's GORGEOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I love the colour may be unusual for oriental but then thats the nice thing about crafting the indviduality of the crafter.

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its a fab choice of colours. I love individualism and love your perfect stamping and choice of colours
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really stunning card. The black, pink and white really work well together

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-