Pages

Followers

Sunday 4 January 2009

Basic Grey Valentine!!!

I am a huge fan of the work of Nancy Riley and fell in love with this card HERE as soon as I saw it. It is just so pretty.
I have used it as inspiration for the card above.
Paper is Basic Grey and the heart stamp is by Woodware from a set of clear stamps.
The heart was stamped onto paper, highlighted with a white gel pen and embellished with tiny self adhesive pearls.
A very different look to Nancy's card but I am very pleased with it.

For various reasons I have had to spend the day quietly today and have had a lovely day up in my room just snuggled up and making cards. No music, no rush, just a nice relaxed last day before going back to work tomorrow.
I'm not sure I am ready to face going out into the early morning cold and not being warm again until I get home and DD being at home for three weeks is another reason I would like to be at home for longer but I need to earn my living so I'll be up and out in the morning along with anyone else going back tomorrow for the first time since Christmas.

Got to go and sort out some clothes that look as if I belong to the human race and not some sub species grotting about in ink and glue patterned trackie bottoms and baggy t shirt which is my at home work wear. Hope I don't have to get the iron out.........that would be just a push too far.......got to break myself in gently.....lol!!!

Bye for now
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. Sheila, your card is GORGEOUS! So elegant! Thank you for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Sheila! Happy New Year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!
    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always Sheila, a scumptious Valentine's Card. You are so inspiring

    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card Sheila as always I might add!

    Please accept this award!

    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uSZs8r1Ifj4/SWIwWhvy1yI/AAAAAAAAARI/5jED1mouVIY/s1600-h/your+blog+is+fabulous.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one really caught my eye. Lovely :-) Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-