Pages

Followers

Sunday 22 June 2008

It's All Gone Pear Shaped!!!

I had the urge to do something messy after doing cards for the local shop for most of the weekend and here are the results.
The background is Distress Inks which have been spritzed with water and then a copper Moonglow Spritz.......this doesn't show too well in the photo though.
Once dry I stamped the foliage which is a stamp from a Fancy Pants 12 x 12 set. I have then embellished it by drawing an inner line to the leaves and swirls in the berries with a gold gel pen.
The Magenta Florentine stamp has been stamped and embossed using Versamark and then a mixture of gold and copper EP's.
I then decided to add a text background and stamped the Rubbadubbadoo text using Saddle Brown StazOn.
The pear is a die cut from the Cricut cartridge 'Joys Of The Season' which has been coloured using a variety of ink pads and Moonglow Spritz. I then stamped over it using a crackle stamp......unknown make.
Three paper fasteners were added to fill in the top corner.
The final card measures 5 x 7.
I hope you like it.

Well the builder has been and looked at the two jobs we need doing and we should get the quotes tomorrow and an idea of when the work can start. The steps are the most important as the old ones are quite dangerous now.

Hubby hasn't been too well all weekend. He had a dizzy spell at work on Friday night and had to be driven home but refused to either call out the doctor or go to the hospital. I have insisted that he goes to the surgery tomorrow as this is the second time that this has happened recently and I am very worried because he is just never ill........ever. He has worked at his job for 28 years with not a single day off sick. He does have trouble with his ears now and again so although I would prefer that there was nothing wrong with him I am thinking that it may be Labyrinthitis or something like it.

DD took me out for an airing yesterday and we ended up at Bridgemere.....we just like the drive there. She treated me to a set of 36 tubes of acrylic paints and a bottle of black gesso which I am dying to use but am resisting until I get upstairs and have got a bit of room to spread out. I bought a stamp for 29p, a reel of gold and a reel of silver very fine wire in the sale at £1.49 and a Sizzlit die of a lily flower.......hey big spender....lol!!! I need to save a bit of money for my island work unit so thought I had better be good.

Anyway I am off to me bed after a nice cuppa as I have work in the morning. Where did the weekend go?

Night night
Sheila-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-