Pages

Followers

Monday 2 June 2008

Grungy, Inky Celtic!!!

Felt the need to give the cupcakes a rest today......nice as they are a grungy girl like me can have a bit too much of the glitz and glitter. So right at the other end of the scale I decided to do something with inks and paints and to get out my TandaStamps Celtic Set 2 which were still brand new.
I started off with the smaller blue and green background and used a piece of mountboard. I cut the edges to look vaguely like an old sort of document shape and then added StazOn midnight blue to give a dark background for the US Art Quest Jewelz watercolours Spring Green and True Blue which I squooshed around with paintbrush before adding just a little touch of Brilliant Gold. I then smacked it about a bit with the steak hammer to distress it.......lol!!!
Once dry I overstamped it using the TandaStamps Beyond Wonderland alphabet plate which I have left as a complete plate for doing backgrounds with rather than cutting it into single letters and I also stamped a small piece of another image from the Celtic set.
The larger background has been coloured with the same paints in assorted coppers and bronzes with a touch of blue and green. While it was still wet I added a sprinkling of embossing powders in Moonglow.......Fiddlehead Fern Green Blue and Midnight Sapphire Obsidian along with plain gold which I then heated.
Celtic image was stamped and embossed in gold, painted with the blue and green paints and then finished with a coat of tea dye varnish.
Once everything was dry I wrapped the smaller piece with some fibres before mounting the Celtic image and layered everything together onto a navy blue card.
Hope you like it.
Thanks for dropping by.
Sheila-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-