Pages

Followers

Wednesday 28 August 2019

Wilting On A Wednesday!!!

I'm getting back on track now with the housework but boy is this heat sapping my energy. I feel like a wrung out dishcloth.
Cool evening baths though are helping with some good nights of sleep which is something to be grateful for.

Perversely my crafty mind is wandering down the path of quilt making again and I am wanting to have a go at a 'quilt as you go' one. Tomorrow I am going to make a start on choosing and cutting fabrics and batting for a double bed sized quilt. Luckily you just work on ten inch squares to start off with and by the time I have to sew them all together we will hopefully be into some cooler weather.

I am really missing having Ruby here after her being here for the week last week but she should be coming for her tea today. There is a filling made for the chicken pie she requested so she will be a happy little girl.

For now there is some tidying to be done and coffee to drink so I will get off and get started.
Hope you all have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-


3 comments:

  1. Hello lovely Sheila x
    It’s been cooler here today thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heat and s debilitating, but cooler today in the Midlands. I don't sew much nowadays but still remember a couple of quilts I made in the 70s/80s. One was velvet, cord and damask fabrics - very heavy but lovely. The other was all made from Laura Ashley fabrics, mainly my maternity dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the heat! I couldn't believe how hot it got. That last weekend it was hotter while I was there than it was where hubby was in the US. Phew! I do like the sunshine but that heat....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-