Pages

Followers

Wednesday 14 August 2019

Grinning Like A Cheshire Cat!!!

.......and the reason for my Cheshire cat grin......it's cold....so cold that the thermometer said I could put the heating on if I wanted to. A bit early for that really though but it does mean that today I am wearing proper clothes....long trousers and a sleeved top instead of shorts and a vest and proper shoes instead of flip flops. So today I feel normal and comfortable.
It will be a good day.
DD and I may even get some snuggle time in and watch something tonight. I have not watched much on tv since the weather got hot because sitting on our new fabric sofa is like being hugged by a bear and I get over heated and uncomfortable so I just stay in the sewing room by the fan where I can....if I want to.....watch things on the computer.

Not only is it cold today it is also chucking it down with rain so the meal plan of a Ploughman's for tea to use up some cheese has been scrapped and I am now making a cheese,potato and onion bake to have with some baked beans. DD will love that as she will have been out in the rain all day and be thoroughly brassed off by the time she gets home.
Do you make a meal plan and stick to it rigidly or do you change it about to suit the weather from day to day?
I'd love to know.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Can you set an extra place at the table for me? Tea sounds delicious.
    I'm happy you're feeling more comfortable now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd be welcome at my table any time Jules.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I meal plan in the sense of 'if we buy X we could use it to make Y and have some left over to use up in Z another day'. I have never had a plan for what I could cook each day of the week and always try and remain flexible. If it turns out cold, the mince I bought for burgers could easily become a cottage pie, chilli con carne or Bolognese. If it isn't fancied at all, there is always the freezer! Some people find that having a plan helps them avoid wasting food, but I find that being adaptable suits us better. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to be a bit flexible too Tracy. I do make a list of what I want to use and a very loose plan of how I want to use it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I'm glad it's not as unbearably hot as it was in July, but I want summer to last a bit longer (even though I love Autumn, not least because I like winter clothes better). I don't actually make a plan but I have a good idea of what we'll be eating over the next few days, and alwYs based around what will need eating from the fridge. I hate food waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like my Winter clothes too Eloise....I like to feel dressed rather than half naked as I do in shorts and vests but it kills me to wear anything more when it's so hot.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I'm in Florida so summer lasts forever! I meal plan but definitely switch it around, but not because of weather (still hot here and will be until October!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh 'eck.....I couldn't be doing with a Summer that lasts forever....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Some weeks I'll do a proper meal plan and tweak it on the day if the weather changes unexpectedly. It is difficult, as some days there's 3 of us, some 2 of us and quite often just little old me! Then I eat what needs using up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only plan I have to stick to religiously is what we have for tea on a Wednesday when Ruby comes as she will always tell me the previous week what she wants. Other than that I am pretty flexible.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-