Pages

Followers

Monday 12 August 2019

....And That Was That!!!

Not the best fortnight of annual leave Andy has ever had but probably the most expensive without even going away.
The car has spend much of the time in the garage being mended and the bill was a tad eye watering to say the least.
He's back at work tonight and just has six weeks left before he retires and I book myself into a nut house...lol.

So....today involves lots of catching up on jobs that have been neglected and I have started in the kitchen this morning scrubbing and poking in corners along with doing laundry.
No cooking to do as Andy is having something light tonight while DD and I go out for a couple of hours but I'm sure I'll be back in the kitchen tomorrow as I will be starting a big freezer sort out.
The outside freezer is not very well so I am emptying that into the inside freezer. The old one will go and then we need to find a replacement as I can't do without the extra space. I could do with a slightly bigger one so there will have to be some thinking and some shifting going on before we go and buy one.

Anyhoo.....how have you all been?
I have been dipping in and out of my blog list as and when I could and trying to keep up.
Have a very lovely day.
Sheila-x-

11 comments:

  1. We could probably do with a new freezer too. We just need to empty all the useless junk out of the garage first

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could never do without my outside freezer Cherie as the one on the fridge/freezer unit indoors is just not big enough....it's very narrow.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Possible car trouble is a worry that never goes away, isn't it? My son has had problems this week - just as they get back from holidays and before pay day - always the way. We love our cars and hate them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'll be back at the garage again this week but taking Roz's car for it's service and MOT. Hope to goodness they find nothing wrong with it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I sympathise with your car troubles....cars are a blimmin' never ending money pit. My husband loves retirement....it took a bit of getting used to for me though, having him around all the time, so I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha.....I'm sure Andy will love retirement Sooze. I'd probably be looking forward to it more if I thought he'd be any use doing DIY or gardening but I know he won't.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Bloomin' cars can be a nightmare and soooo expensive to fix. I bet Andy is counting the days to retirement. He will be full of go for the first few months so I would get some jobs lined up ready!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are absolute pits for money aren't they but unfortunately we can't do without one.
      Andy retired once before and he got bored very quickly. I would get him a list of jobs ready if I thought there was anything he could do but he's not a DIY'er or a gardener so gawd knows what he's going to do...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. We have a chest freezer in our garage that we had as a Wedding present, nearly 26 years ago! It's still plodding along (touch wood). I'm looking at getting a different car, as I've spent a lot of money this year on it and it's still not right, so annoying! I've got a while before hubby retires, as he is 6 years younger than me, but I imagine he'll be on the golf course a fair bit. That suits me fine as long as he does his chores here first, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ours has plodded on for a good twenty years out in the shed so it's done it's it's duty.
      Andy used to go clay pigeon shooting but he sold his gun not long ago so I don't know what he will be doing.....I just hope whatever it is he's not under my feet...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I rather panicked when my husband started retirement as I work from home and thought he would be in the way. In the couple of months he has been home, he has repaired our daughter's car, our car, built a shed (not from a kit), taken care of various grandkids and more. I am blown away as he is staying busy and getting our world together before I retire on Dec. 31st. Big switch for my Robbie .. from accounts management to jack of all trades .. I like it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-