Pages

Followers

Monday 26 August 2019

Oh My Word......!!!

........it is hotter than Hades here today.
I made the mistake of going out to do some top up shopping and I really wish I hadn't. It was busy as well as hot and I feel quite frazzled.

I'd forgotten it was Bank Holiday weekend so I have Andy and DD both here today so he won't be going to bed this afternoon.......the noisy jobs have been shufted over to tomorrow morning and I am spending the day hugging the fan....lol......in the hope that it may be cooler tomorrow.

The oven is on holiday and we are gratefully eating cool and refreshing salads although Andy has asked for a few chips with his tonight. I may indulge....it just depends how hungry I am come tea time.

No need to be in the kitchen then until tea time so I am going to do a bit of stitching by the fan with a cold drink.....bliss.

Have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

5 comments:

  1. We have been cutting back an evil thorny hedge.. in this heat. We must be mad but I bet we have each lost several pounds in weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the heat unbearable yesterday and only marinally better today. I hate to wish the sunshine away but phew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're just not used to this heat are we? I shall be glad when Autumn arrives although I have heard that it will be warm up until the end of October.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Keep cool friend, fans are a blessing. Now that I am retired I aim to do errands, meet friends, etc. before 1 p.m. on days it is hot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-