Pages

Followers

Saturday 24 August 2019

Been And Gone!!!

I can't believe that Ruby's week with us has been and gone already.
We had such a lovely time together and she has gone home with new skills under her belt......making the dough for pizza bases from scratch, using chopsticks when we took her to the Chinese buffet and cross stitching.....just a very simple block in rainbow colours to get her used to the fabric and the stitches. Next time we will try the small kit of a unicorn that I have put by for her.
We spent time at the park in the sunshine....spotting dragonflies and butterflies and just generally had a wonderful relaxing few days. I feel as if I have been away on holiday...lol.

Back to normal now and the housework lists which never go away. I've spent today doing the laundry so that I can be free on Monday morning to get some of the noisier jobs done before Andy goes up to bed for his nap before going on a night shift.
With the predicted temperature for tomorrow there is no way I am cooking a roast dinner so we are having cold meat and salad which I am really looking forward to and if the heat lasts that is what we will be eating all week....with variations along the way.

Mostly a lazy weekend here at Tea Towel Mansion then. 
Andy has been out with DS and Ruby to get her sports equipment ready for going back to school and DD has been to the Makers Market in the little town. I have not been nor am I going anywhere this weekend. In a couple of weeks DD and I will be going to The Making of Harry Potter and the week after that we are all going to a country fair so I will wait for those to come around.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.
Sheila-x-

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you've all enjoyed a busy but fun week. Just think of all those wonderful memories you've created wih Ruby.
    I hope you take some time to relax over the weekend. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Ruby had a wonderful time with you, Sheila! Gosh, wasn't it hot yesterday! Enjoy the rest of the Bank Holiday x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-