Pages

Followers

Tuesday 13 August 2019

What A Gorgeous Day!!!

Weatherwise it is completely gorgeous today. Sunny but quite a bit cooler than it has been with a wonderful cool breeze blowing.....so far. As we know....things can change in the blink of an eye.

I am just sitting down for a quick coffee after a morning of faffing and pootling and then it will be off into the kitchen to make a pan of soup to use up all of the odds and ends of bags of veg from the freezer. That will be tea for tonight and with a good hunk of crusty bread to go with it there shouldn't be any complaints.

There wasn't much time for stitching yesterday so I'm hoping to get some in today. I'm not too far off finishing my Christmas piece and I would like to have it done by this weekend as there won't be any time next week with my Miss Doodle in the house.
I'm expecting a box of mountboard offcuts in the next day or two so I will be able to make a start on fully finishing some of the pieces I have done which I am really excited about. I will have to wait for a few materials I need until the shops start putting out their Christmas stuff as I need artificial greenery and picks....but that will be out before we know it.

Rightio....I shall go and get this soup started....use up the bags of veg and then I should have room to finish emptying the outside freezer so that I can switch it off.

Have a fabulous day.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. It's lovely here too.. I am weighing up whether to strip the bed before calling round your place for a bowl of that soup. Cut my bread chunky please :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh the soup would have been worth the visit....it was lovely.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. The soup sounds like a good idea! Enjoy your day! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice Jenn and made a great change from salad.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. We're still waiting on the sunny weather here. I hung the washing out this morning and then it poured with rain!
    Soup sounds delicious, the weather has turned so much cooler all of a sudden.
    I was wondering how your hair is now. Are you growing it again or have you kept it shorter following your shave? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So annoying when that happens Jules.
      The soup went down well on a much chillier day.
      I am keeping my hair short....under an inch all over and I no longer dye it. I love it :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Typical - six days of living in a field, freezing cold, soaked to the skin and blown to buggery, get home and its glorious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read you blog post Vix.....it sounded awful.
      Hope your next one is much better.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Hi! I'm new here. I just love your blog title. :) I wish it were cool enough to make soup here, but soon . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dianna....and welcome.
      It's even colder here today so another hot meal will be on the cards.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I grabbed two wonderful words from your post, that are new to me: faffing and pootling. I think I will do those today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faffing and pootling are highly recommended....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Homemade soup is lovely, especially with crusty bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to each too much bread but soup just begs for a crusty loaf:)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Homemade soup season will be here soon too! I must make it more often as it's a fab way to use up bits and pieces:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to see what's left veg wise in the fridge at the end of the week and make it all up into soup which we call garbage broth....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-