Pages

Followers

Friday 30 August 2019

Rockin' The Rotary Cutter!!!

Well.....I have surprised myself....the quilt I wanted to do.....I have made a start on getting things ready to make it instead of putting it off.
Yesterday the rotary cutter was smokin' as I cut out all of the ten and a half inch batting squares I need plus a huge pile of two and a half inch strips.....still a few to go which I will be starting on shortly.
Tomorrow I hope to get going on the sewing.

This morning I have been busy in the kitchen peeling. coring and chopping a bagful of apples given to us by a neighbour. They have been cooked and will be frozen in tubs to have with pork.....I love apple sauce.
At one time I would have made apple pies but we don't eat puddings very much now.
Tea for tonight is easy.....a previously made curry pulled out of the freezer so that all I have to do is cook some rice.
I am planning on making a lot of meals to put in the freezer for when Andy retires so that if he wants me to go out anywhere with him I can do that and not have to worry about cooking from scratch on the day.....plus I do think curry's, chilli and casseroles taste so much better after a sleep in the freezer.

It's very quiet here today. I can't hear any children out playing so I wonder if they are all out getting their final bits and pieces ready for going back to school next week.
Ruby is so excited about going to her new school and she loved that they had a couple of sessions at the school last week for all of the newbies to get to know each other.
Marlowe's school won't know what's hit them when she arrives....lol. I hope the teachers have stocked up on Weetabix cos they will sure need them. I would love to be a fly on the wall on her mornings there.

Right I am off to crank up the cutting table and heat up the iron to get the rest of this fabric cut up.

Hope you are having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

1 comment:

  1. Best thing we bought was a rotary cutting, makes cutting so much easier.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-