Pages

Followers

Saturday 25 February 2017

Wet....Which Is No Surprise!!!

We were hoping for a dry day today so that we could retrieve my food stores from the moved shed back onto the shelves in one of the brick sheds but as it is raining that isn't happening.
Half of the journey is through thick mud some of which will end up trudged into the house so I am not even going there.
I am so tired of muck and mess at the minute and can't wait until everything is sorted out and I can have a really good clean up and get my house running as it should.

Putting the cart before the horse....because the garden is in no fit state to have anything nice done to it at the moment....DD wanted to go to the garden centre to look at arches. We'd like one to go over the back gate to train a rose up now that the apricot tree is all but gone. We saw a lovely wooden one but didn't buy it yet.
All we came away with was an iron cleaning stick for me so they didn't make a fortune out of us today.

Started on the quilt for Smudge yesterday but I need to unpick a row of squares where one didn't quite match up too well. I want it to be perfect for my little boy....or as near as it can be anyway.

We are all absolutely shattered so a very lazy tea tonight of ham and pineapple pizza with some coleslaw to be eaten in front of the telly watching a film if we can find one we all agree on.

And that is us at Tea Towel Mansion this wet and windy weekend.
Hope it's a bit finer where you are.
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. Dear Sheila:

    After Spring like temperatures all week a cold front came in last night with strong winds and back to winter! Very cold but sunny.

    I didn't know what an iron cleaning stick was and had to google - LOL - I was thinking an actual iron stick not something to clear the iron you use on clothes.

    Hope you find a decent film to watch.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been really cold and nasty today. We found an old favourite film to watch and it has been bliss to just sit for a while.
      Sorry for the confusion over the iron stick....lol-x-

      Delete
  2. I hope the ground dries out for you soon. I'm so sorry about your tree. I'll bet it was beautiful. : ( Try to have a lovely weekend still. xo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was a lovely tree but it died some time ago and was getting quite rocky when it was windy so it has been cut down to the trunk and will be removed completely in the spring-x-

      Delete
  3. Sadly the weather is no better here, so we haven't got much done either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's proper snuggling weather again isn't it? -x-

      Delete
  4. Whilst I was cooking tea the light turned pink and the heavens that had been leaking most of the day opened. Glad to have the fire going! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pink prettiness here Jackie....just black and grey as far as the eye can see. Fire has been going and we have enjoyed our snuggle in front of it while having tea and watching Troy.....bliss-x-

      Delete

  5. I just keep looking out the window in horror at how much needs to be done just in the foodie bit of the garden , theres just little gimpy me who has it all to do....aaarrrggghh

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-