Pages

Followers

Wednesday 15 February 2017

A No Doodle Doodle Day!!!

We call Wednesday Doodle Day as our gorgeous Ruby Doodle comes for tea after school but today there will be no Doodle as the Doodle family are off out for the day. She will come tomorrow instead so I just have to wait an extra day for my hugs and kisses.

I don't know what I did to myself while I was asleep last night but I have woken up feeling like my arms and legs have been unscrewed and put back on the wrong way. 
Never mind....not much to do today except a bit of pottering about to tidy up and tea is chicken and salad so no major kitchen duties.
Once Andy has gone for his afternoon nap to get himself ready for his night shift I will get the machine out and quilt the little quilts.

I could do with having a wander round the charity shops in the little town as I am in need of some new books. Everything on my bookshelves has been read and while I am not averse to re-reading favourites I really would like to have something new. I am almost finished with The Shell Seekers so it will have to be soon. I might see if Andy fancies a wander when he gets up tomorrow.

There was a bit of a dent put in the savings this morning when we transferred the money to the plumber for the oil tank and boiler. It sure made us wince....lol.....but it will be worth every penny once the job is done.

Well I'll go and make a start on this pottering....while keeping an eye open for the postman who may be delivering a parcel of fabric although I think I might need a coffee first to get me going...lol.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

7 comments:

  1. I was awake at 4.30am this morning! No idea why but I could have done without that as we were having Sienna. Maybe, just maybe I'll go to sleep at a decent hour tonight.

    I think the sewing machine will come out here tomorrow. I really want to finish the lilac quilt off. It's one of those unfinished projects that's beginning to niggle.

    I hate handing money over for things like boilers but as you say it'll be worth it in the end :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to be able to go to bed at 10pm and wake up at 6am but it just doesn't happen.
      My UFO's are starting to niggle now too but our routine here still feels very messy with Andy on his phased return and I get very little time where I am alone and can concentrate.
      Yes it was a bit of a shock paying out the best part of four thousand quid before 9am this morning I must say-x-

      Delete
  2. I am hoping to have the weekend with Honey and Bertie, such precious moments spending time with Grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that will be fabulous. I hope you have a really lovely weekend-x-

      Delete
  3. Oh Sheila you were probably arranging all your flowers in your sleep! lol...have a fun doodle day tomorrow. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what the heck I was up to Jackie but it flippin' well hurt. Gawd I'm not quite sixty yet and everything is either dropping off or aching...lol-x-

      Delete
  4. I love saving and seeing it grow, love spending it but then I'm all full of faux regret lamenting my savings! I've nearly £400 in £2 in my bedside drawer - I just save them every time I get one. Been collecting them since they first came out. ( I'm doing the same with the new fivers - £80 so far!! ) BUT I cannot bring myself to bank them because then I'd spend them and they'll be gone!!!! I'm a total head case!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-