Pages

Followers

Tuesday 28 February 2017

The Last Day!!!

Well....today is the last day of February....that went so quickly that I feel like I blinked and missed it.
Today is also the day that we will have our very last coal fire....ever.
I have to admit to being a little bit sorry to see the back of it. We have had many cosy winter evenings snuggled up in front of it spending happy family time together. 
We will eventually have a woodburner but we need to recover from the expense of the changeover before we think about that.
So the oil has been delivered this morning and the boiler is just being fitted today and then the plumber will start some of the pipe work that needs doing inside. Tomorrow we change over to our new heating system and that will be another big job done off the list. That will leave the woodburner and some alterations in the bathroom to be done this year.

Tea tonight will be spicy pork 'n' beans with sweet potato jackets. We only had it a couple of weeks ago but we really fancy it again.

Andy has just gone out to have a filling done at the dentist so I'll hold off on me coffee until he comes back and then we can have one while we read the papers.

It's pretty cold here today. Dry but there is a lot of cloud gathering so I expect it will rain before long.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. I will be so glad to see the back of this month , its just taken on a surreal quality as the month has gone on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meal sounds really nice perfect comfort food for a cold day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sheila:

    I think you will actually love the central heating. I know when my mum gave up the family home that I grew up in with the old fashioned coal fire that also heated your water she loved her little bungalow and the ease of the central heating.

    A wood burner is a good idea though. We have a wood burning fireplace in our family room and it is nice and as you say cozy.

    Overcast and not that cold here in Midwest USA. Storms later on.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to being able to get up in a warm house in the morning Sandy. We have central heating but it only works when the fire is lit and we have never managed to get it to stay in overnight to keep the heating going-x-

      Delete
  4. I dont think I could switch over to central heating again, I feel a lot better without it, I hope it works out well for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After twenty one years of waking up in a freezing cold house I think we are going to love the central heating Dawn. It will only be used when it's very cold and it will not be on in the bedrooms as I can't stand a hot room at night.
      When the woodburner is in we will use that if it's just a bit chilly-x-

      Delete
  5. Hope you enjoy the heating, it certainly makes for an easier life. Cold and rainy here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooh I will MM. Thursday morning I will be able to get up to a warm house....utter bliss-x-

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. No pancakes here I'm afraid Jackie as none of us like them much-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-