Pages

Followers

Thursday 6 December 2012

Dark And Dreary!!!

Well.....I don't think the light has been any brighter than twilight today. Not a good day to try and take pics in here. The lights have been on all day and the fire has been lit since lunchtime. DD and I have been busy doing our own jobs......she laundry and me sewing.
The dress part of the angel costume is now done. Just the wings to go and that will be a job crossed off my list. The curtains for the cottage are nearly finished and I'll just need to find some time to go down over the weekend to fit them and make sure that the Doodle family will be a little bit warmer.
So two jobs down.....1,998 to go. You know how it is at this time of year.
Mr Manic is off for three days so I expect there will be a little more Christmas shopping to do before he goes back to work and some preparation to do for next weekends visit by the London family (DDIL's mum and dad and sister plus partner). There is no way I can do a sit down meal for ten of us due to lack of space so I shall be doing a carvery with roast meats and accompaniments to have in rolls and a couple of desserts and mince pies. I'll get a head start by making the apple sauce and stuffing to freeze this weekend.
Right....I had best go and see if the fabric for the wings has dried so I can crack on with those.
Tara for now.
Sheila-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-